Nautica Fridge

Ozziecruiser

Hi all, I have heard that the Nautica has a fridge stocked with soft drinks in every category now. Is this true? I know Oceania advertise this benefit for Concierge Cat. But it seems from a recent review I have read that an Oceanview cabin had this amenity. Maybe they were just lucky??

I think that is right but someone will comment

It is part of the ‘PILLARS OF DISTINCTION’ upgrades ...as the current ships go to drydock the changes will be made

All accommodations will also be outfitted with refrigerated mini bars, wall sconces and bedside reading lamps, as well as updated furnishings and bath amenities.

Check the Jun 09 announcement for more details

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

Lyn

With the refitting and refurbishment of each ship the mini-refrigerators are being added to all cabins in each ship, is what I'm reading on all threads. Water and soft drinks are now included in your fare, not billed separately, as before. Therefore, Regatta, which goes into the shipyard soon is the only ship not currently following this policy, according to my understanding. Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Lyn, you posted just before me, so this post is edited as redundant.

Therefore, Regatta, which goes into the shipyard soon is the only ship not currently following this policy, according to my understanding. Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Not sure what you mean by not following the policy :confused:

Insignia goes in November & Regatta in Jan according to the report

But all should have the included soft drinks/water

Lyn

Lyn, What I meant was that each cabin on each ship is to be fitted with a refrigerator during the "update", and after that the water/sodas will be in the room. Not all rooms had a refrigerator in the "old" configuration. Sorry for the confusion. Kay

Lyn, What I meant was that each cabin on each ship is to be fitted with a refrigerator during the "update", and after that the water/sodas will be in the room. Not all rooms had a refrigerator in the "old" configuration. Sorry for the confusion. Kay

We were on Insignia recently the water & sodas are in the room just no fridge YET!!

Lyn

I sailed on the Nautica this year, June 4 to June 18, just after the ship was fully refurbished. There was a refrigerator in our room with free soda and liquor and wine for a fee. The water was free, in bottles on top of the desk. Water bottles were too big for the refrigerator but our ice bucket was always filled in the evening at turndown. We left the empty soda cans on the desk in the morning and the refrigerator was usually re-stocked with the same sodas that we drank so we never ran out of our favorites. There were free personal sized bottles of water at the gangway as we exited for shore excursions. It was very hot in the eastern Mediterranean and the staff usually urged us to take two bottles.

This is not related to refrigerators but I am including it anyway (actually, I could go to Roll Call) as it does relate to the refurbishment and I saw the question asked but not answered (or, at least, I never saw an answer), and that is: for those of you who have sailed recently after the refurbishment on Nautica, are there now accessible wall plugs near the beds?

I did not notice any wall plugs by the beds. We brought a six plug power strip to plug in by the desk for recharging cameras, blackberries, etc. I know there is not a plug in the bathroom because I specifically looked. I had to blowdry my hair in front of the desk.

This is not related to refrigerators but I am including it anyway (actually, I could go to Roll Call) as it does relate to the refurbishment and I saw the question asked but not answered (or, at least, I never saw an answer), and that is: for those of you who have sailed recently after the refurbishment on Nautica, are there now accessible wall plugs near the beds?

We just finished sailing on a b2b on the Nautica from 8/29-9/22 and I was the one asking this question regarding the wall plugs. There are no longer plugs anywhere near the bed(s), but for my DH's breathing machine, the electricians used a loooooong extension cord from the desk area all the way around the room to the bed. They secured it with large strips of tape on the floor beneath the door threshold, and behind the bed. We neither felt the cord nor saw it so it was not an intrusion at all.

We were on this cruise for 24 days and they made it work just fine:).

Billie

Check the Jun 09 announcement for more details

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

I would like to print out a number of the documents on that page without having to cut and paste into one of my computer programs to see the media documents in their entirety.

All I see is a window with scrolling. So, what do I do?

Is it the same for Macs and PC's?

I would like to print out a number of the documents on that page without having to cut and paste into one of my computer programs to see the media documents in their entirety.

All I see is a window with scrolling. So, what do I do?

Is it the same for Macs and PC's?

I guess you could open one of the releases then print screen

I would just cut & paste the parts I wanted but that is just me

I guess you could open one of the releases then print screen

Print screen doesn't capture the entire release (unless it is short), just the portion that is in the scrolled area. I think I have read where others have had this problem. Are the releases available somewhere other than on Oceania?

Print screen doesn't capture the entire release (unless it is short), just the portion that is in the scrolled area. I think I have read where others have had this problem. Are the releases available somewhere other than on Oceania?

I would just cut & paste the portion you want

Put in Word (or similar) then print it off from there

Lyn

Archived