I'm confused

kikiz

I have a question regarding beverages. On all the other cruise ships we've been on, we paid for the unlimited beverage package (soda, coffee tea, whatever they had) and used it at a common area (kiosk)where we could help ourselves. We would be given a special mug for this purpose. Does the Star give you this option? Or do you always have to go to a bar or restaurant to get a beverage? Thanks!:rolleyes:

What other lines have you been on? The only line we have sailed that had self service soft drinks was Disney. All of the other lines required service from a bar area. On Princess with the soda sticker you can get drinks at any lounge, bar or in the dining rooms but it is always served to you. It is actually much easier as you can always conveniently get a beverage at one of the bars or lounges located throughout the ship.

I have a question regarding beverages. On all the other cruise ships we've been on, we paid for the unlimited beverage package (soda, coffee tea, whatever they had) and used it at a common area (kiosk)where we could help ourselves. We would be given a special mug for this purpose. Does the Star give you this option? Or do you always have to go to a bar or restaurant to get a beverage? Thanks!:rolleyes:
There's no kiosk although there is a dispenser for iced tea, lemonade and for making tea in the buffet. No soda dispenser.

There are two different cards that you're talking about. One is the soda card which is really a sticker that goes on your cruise card. This is for unlimited, bar-dispensed soda and can be used anywhere on the ship. You don't have to go to a bar to get it. If you are in a lounge, buffet, Princess theater, etc., just ask for the type of soda you want and flash your card.

The other type of card is a coffee card. This is a punch card for a limited number of specialty coffee drinks. While this is for specialty coffee, it's unlimited when it comes to fresh-brewed coffee as long as there is one punch left on the card. You can use it in the dining room, specialty restaurants or the Patisserie (or the International Cafe if the ship has one). There is free coffee in the buffet, dining room, restaurants, etc. made from concentrate, which isn't bad although that's a matter of opinion.

I've been on Disney 9 times and Norwegian 3 times. Thanks for helping me sort all this out. We are really early risers so we loved getting up, going to the kiosk to get our own coffee and then watching the sun rise.

Thanks again for your help!:o

I've been on Disney 9 times and Norwegian 3 times. Thanks for helping me sort all this out. We are really early risers so we loved getting up, going to the kiosk to get our own coffee and then watching the sun rise.

Thanks again for your help!:o

Two suggestions---

1. In the evening when your stateroom steward (better know as Stewart to some! :rolleyes:;)) turns down your bed he/she will leave you a Continental Breakfast Menu that you can fill out and hang on your door. So if you know in advance what time you will be rising you can just pre-arrange to have it delivered. On the card there are pre-set times, i.e., 700a-730a; 730a-800a; etc, BUT if you want an earlier time just write it in. Trust me, they will be more than willing to get you out of bed at 530a if that's what you want.

OR

2. If when you retire you don't know what time you will be up just call room service in the AM when you want that pot of coffee. Normally it is there within 15 min.

Archived