Want to do Uxmal but how to do it?

Angelamu7

Hi,

We want to try and do Uxmal on the 14th but want to see if there is a way to book it cheaper then the ship offers??

When you get off the peir is there like people standing with signs to this? Can I prebook? Help??

Thanks for your help!!

Autoprogreso tour is cheaper. I think it is $49pp.

http://www.autoprogreso.com/home.html.htm

It isn't listed on their website, but you can email them:

info@autoprogreso.com

Autoprogreso is the company that provides the free shuttle buses from the cruise ship to town.

Thank you so much!!! We emailed and booked witht hem! Saved us a LOT of money! THanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm considering using AP but I wasn't sure what time they arrive back to port. I would like to do some shopping but I wanted to make sure if we do this tour through AP that I would at least have some time to shop in Progresso. Also, will they drop you off downtown instead of at the port?

I'm considering using AP but I wasn't sure what time they arrive back to port. I would like to do some shopping but I wanted to make sure if we do this tour through AP that I would at least have some time to shop in Progresso. Also, will they drop you off downtown instead of at the port?

Depending on how many are in your party, our guide was a good deal. He charged $100 for my family of four, but we did pay for entrance into Uxmal. The entrance fee was only $20 or so for 3 adults and 0 for my little girl. Robert was super knowledgable. As noted in my recent post, we stopped in a small town to see a 400 YO church and briefly by a hacienda before Uxmal. I'm sure he could do what you want.

If you have or can wrangle about 8 or so, he can get a van and driver.

Archived