So I get this call...

GatorMomInNC

from my friend yesterday. I'm in the minivan, driving to Jacksonville to cruise today (YEAH!) with my kids on a 5 day cruise. She tells me that her family has stubled upon an awesome opportunity.

Disney is launching their newest ship (I think it is the Dream) in December. Apparently, they have put out casting call for families to audition and if selected they will fly them to Spain, put them on the TA cruise to USA, take lots of pix of them having a good time, and PAY them to do this on top of all that - and I'm talking several thousand dollars of payment. I could not believe it!! I so hope she gets it AND I am so jealous.

I'll keep you posted when I hear back from her.

can't find anything either. I think something similar was done with the Magic/Wonder but it was for CM's and their families only. They were passengers at a very reduced rate but also needed to do various job related things while on the ship. So the 'casting call' may refer to CM's only.

Also just wanted to check as to why they would put them on the TA? The TA isn't a proper cruise so there wont be paying passengers onboard. I wonder if they are doing the entire cruise with families? It seems a little odd to me but who knows??

sorry to take so long to reply, but I'm cruising and it is hard to get away to use the internet...

She didn't tell me it was a "TA" but she seemed to think the cruise was from Spain to Port Canaveral. I have not checked to verify if there is a cruise going that route around that time, so I don't know if that is accurate. She found out via an agent, and I got the impression (this was a kind of rushed conversation) that the call was going out through agents.

I tried to call her today when we were on shore, but just got answering machine. I will update when I hear anything.

Oh interesting. Thanks for that. I know that a TA in Jan did randomly appear on the website a few weeks back but was not available to book and so then disappeared. The first passenger cruise is in early Jan from Port Canaveral to Port Canaveral.

I saw some posts about it on disboards too and I also saw an add for it on the disney resort website when I was booking last week. Anyone can "audition." You just make a video of your family about why you would be the best "reporters" and then mail it in. Good luck to your friend.

I saw some posts about it on disboards too and I also saw an add for it on the disney resort website when I was booking last week. Anyone can "audition." You just make a video of your family about why you would be the best "reporters" and then mail it in. Good luck to your friend.

I just talked to her today. They haven't heard back. Ironically, they just got off their first Disney Cruise today (their first cruise ever, actually). They weren't too thrilled because the vacation was so scheduled and hectic. I told them that because they were only on a 3 night cruise, they had no sea days, so no down time. That on a longer cruise it would be much more relaxing because they could just hang out on the ship on sea days.

You don't have a link to the advert do you?

We went to a casting on Monday & the casting director wouldn't tell us who they were casting for but they were casting a few families (Dad, Mom with 2 or more children between the ages of 4-12) the 'buzz' was that it was for a cruise :)

I will update here when I hear anything. :D

Archived