Private Tour in Cozumel?

br3ds0x

Based on recommendations I saw on this site, when we went to Mazatlan last year, we booked a private tour with Mazatlan Frank and had an amazing time. I was wondering if anyone knew of something like this in Cozumel. We have a relatively large group (8), and when we go to ports, we generally like hiring a taxi for the day, and having them take us to the less-touristy parts of the city. For instance, a few years ago we went to Cozumel and were taken to some of the most amazing beaches and restaurants on the opposite end of the city, away from the crowds and high prices. We want to do something like this again, but would rather get a driver ahead of time instead of trying to get one once we get there. Does anyone know of a service such as this at Cozumel?

Thanks!

Cozumel is really easy to do on your own. It is a small island with 1 road going around the coast. I would just rent a van or 2 cars.The road is not busy. It is really easy to pull over at anytime if you find a place you want to stop. If you do some reaserch on any interesting points to stop, a guide is completely unneeded.

Cozumel is really easy to do on your own. It is a small island with 1 road going around the coast. I would just rent a van or 2 cars.The road is not busy. It is really easy to pull over at anytime if you find a place you want to stop. If you do some reaserch on any interesting points to stop, a guide is completely unneeded.

I thought of that, but since we were all planning on drinking I was trying to avoid having to have someone drive.

I now understand the need for a driver. I googled... cozumel private tour.. and found a company that does van tours/drivers. They even provide a cooler and a grocery store stop if you would like to load up. I have not used them to give a personal recommendation but I agree that preplanning something rather than haggling at the peir is the way to go.

Archived