Can't thank you enough!

gracee

We've just returned from our wonderful New England adventure on the Explorer of the Seas and with your help, especially to 138east, we had such a good time.

First, was the suggestion of hotels, we stayed at the CI & S in Elizabeth which was very nice--lots of other cruise critics there too. We took the 115 bus to NYC without a hitch. In fact, as we were approaching the mall entrance a security guard was driving by, and I asked where to find the bus stop. He drove us to it! WOW!

Arrived in NYC and had a blast. We knew how to use the subways, buses, and where to go, thanks to you all. That evening we took the PATH to Newark Penn and taxi back to the hotel--easy peasy--thanks to you guys!

In Boston we took the SL2 to South Station and then the Red Line to Park St and came out in Boston Commons! WOW again! Thanks 138east for that tidbit. It helped a great deal, since all the passengers were lined up at the port to take the trolley into Quincy Market to get on the real trolley--we beat them there!

This has been the best source of information and I wouldn't leave home without coming here first!

Thanks to all of you and God Bless you real big!

Janie

Janie - I'm so glad all the directions and suggestions worked out well for you. Sounds like you had a great cruise.

Could you tell us how much you paid to go from Newark Penn Station to Country Inns by cab? Other folks ask, but I've never done that exact trip and CI is a bit further than some of the other Newark Airport hotels.

Archived