?s about Prinsendam???

bjrose

We were on the Pdam in September. On the cruise before ours, she had hit some severe weather off the coast of Scotland. Apparently it lasted for about 1 1/2 hours and people were pretty shook up. According to what we heard while on board, they lost 53 windows. They were still replacing them throughout most of our cruise. Some of the windows lost were in the Queen's lounge. Apparently the water was ankle deep, and in fact later on our cruise they re-finished the show room floor, having to close it because of unexpected strong fumes.

During that storm, the bow of the ship was damaged. Although we didn't see the dent, we could clearly see where it had been repaired but yet unpainted. Pretty big. As our cruise progressed, it was painted. The ship, however, did still show some signs of being under some distress.

At the start of our cruise, the captain made reference to the incident and assured us that the ship had been inspected by this one and that one and pronounced sea worthy. Thank goodness for that!

So that's what happened to the bow. As to some of your other questions, there is TCM and CNN. Not much else; lots of stations advertising HAL, the spa, future cruises, and so on. There are DVDs. The TV in our cabin, 111, was a typical flat screen, OK for size, because the room was SMALL.

If you are fortunate enough to have Frank Buckingham as your port lecturer you will be fully informed in a very interesting manner. He is great and really made a difference to us, since our cruise went to some rather different and unusual ports. He usually would lecture on a port and then it would be repeated on TV several times, as you would typically see.

For a complete review of our time on Prinsendam, you can see my review. It's titled "15 day European Sampler".

Have a great trip.

Thank you, Nanasoxfan. Your info helped immeasurably. My fears are quelled and I feel relieved now.

Regards,

bjrose

The laundry is free but the rooms are small; you will enjoy your cruise much more with the unlimited laundry option or by-the-bag rather than waiting in the laundry.

The Prinsendam is an amazing ship -- Enjoy!

Thank you Joneses! I really enjoyed reading your blog. What interesting thoughts, perceptions and information! I am a fan.

Regards,

bjrose;)

Archived