Westin Diplomat

Murphey

I have searched and found many answers to my questions...I have a few more specific questions.

1. I understand that the trolley is convenient and handy, but am I correct in that there are several things within easy walking distance? i.e. a liquor store, casual places to eat, etc.

2. In your expert opinion, is there a grocery store within walking distance? (say under a mile?).

3. I have read that taxi fare from airport/port is anywhere between $25 and $40. Any recent experiences?

4. My confirmation says the beach address, can I assume that is where we will stay? (Actually either location is fine, have heard great things about the golf resort too - booked through Priceline).

A huge thank you...we leave in 2 weeks.

Just because you have a beach address on the confirmation does not mean you are booked there. You will have to wait a few days until the reservation is in the system and then call them to find out. If you do a search on the Westin Diplomat you will find several recent threads about the luck (or lack thereof) that people have had when trying to switch from the golf to beach location.

I won the Diplomat bidding on Priceline for $72 for night of 11/12. I read a review on Tripadvisor the Trolley was $1.00 but does it go up to the Diplomat? Thank you Ruthless Bunny re: the stores within walking distance. We are hoping to take the Trollly to restaurants. I have also read the taxi prices are $25 and up.

I just came back from the Crown Plaza in Hollywood which is across the street from the Westin. The taxi fare from the port to there was close to $35.00 plus tip!

7-11 sells beer and wine, at the light on your side of the street where the 7-11 is behind the fire station is the beachside cafe with decent breakfast prices, they also have lunch & dinner but nothing fancy.

We opted to take GO shuttle to the airport @ $26.00 for 2 people and they were very professional and prompt.

I hope that helps

I just came back from the Crown Plaza in Hollywood which is across the street from the Westin. The taxi fare from the port to there was close to $35.00 plus tip!

7-11 sells beer and wine, at the light on your side of the street where the 7-11 is behind the fire station is the beachside cafe with decent breakfast prices, they also have lunch & dinner but nothing fancy.

We opted to take GO shuttle to the airport @ $26.00 for 2 people and they were very professional and prompt.

I hope that helps

That's the first I've heard of a shuttle...thanks for the info!

Archived