Tour Companies

ron1946

Would highly reccomend Capt. Marvin's in Grand Cayman for any tours. We were there last week in some bad weather. Canceled our stingray tour but was able to go on the island tour with some nice stops at the turtle farm, rum factor and hell (oooooverrrated!)

Had a blast and it was about 1/4 the cost of the Carnival version of this same tour.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

We have been on the Buccaneer Catamaran with Island Marketing and it was great but it wasn't Captain Marvin, its another name...... Ryan or Brian if I remember correctly. We looked at Captain Marvin and they don't have any catamarans only regular motor boats, at least when we booked earlier this year

It was pouring the day we were in GC. So, we cancelled our excursion on the ship.

We found a tour company (owned by Duncan Powery) at the cruise terminal that said the water was fine for going out. It ended up being $45 total for the both of us to go out to the Sandbar to see the Rays and then snorkeling at the coral gardens.

They were awesome. I cannot put into words how wonderful they were.

I was terrified by the stingrays b/c the water was a little rough and was knocking me around. They lured some rays up to the boat where me and a couple of other scaredy cats were able to lean over the ladder and still touch the rays.

They put us all at ease. I was nervous about trying to go snorkeling. They went in the water with me and stayed by me. I will forever remember their kindness and willingness to invest themselves in making sure we had a GREAT time and not just trying to do the basics to get our money.

They are WONDERFUL.

We just got back from GC and used Stingraysailing . com ....Chip, Mark, and Chip's dad were wonderful! Chip was waiting for us when we got off the ship, loaded us up (I think there was maybe 15 people total), drove us to his catamaran which wasn't too far and away we went! The stingrays were awesome...I was scared at first but Mark and Chip were in the water with us showing us what to do....before long I was very comfortable with them. We got to hold them and play with them for a long time. We then went over to the reef and snorkeled. I would highly recommend them!

Archived