Budget Auto Rental Cape Canaveral

PatMc

Yes, I have used them when I had need of an extra car for visitors. Used the national website for reservations...used the discount code found on the Cruise Critic. Good deal WITH the discount. No issues. I did not use shuttle, as I live nearby.

Regular cruisers with more experience on the rental side of things will probably give you more relevant opinions. ;-).

Johncn

Thanks - we are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale in April and wanted to rent a car to drive there and then back. We drove by the Budget office the other day and there were only a couple of cars in the lot - I was worried that we would reserve with them and then there would be no car but I assume that's the point of reservations - the car you reserved will be there on the day you need it. LOL I said, I am a worrier.

We reserved with Budget in May when we cruised on the Dream, and your observation of not many cars being in the lot is correct - when we got there after our cruise, surprise surprise there were no cars of the size we wanted - we had to upgrade and it all ended up costing us a lot more, then to make matters worse, there was a problem with the car, so when we got to Orlando we went back to change it at the airport, and they didn't have much available so again we had to take something bigger and they charged us a lot more.... I wish we had just cancelled at the airport and gone with Alamo...never had a problem with Alamo...anyways with Budget the total price we were supposed to pay with the original reservation should have been $169 approx for the week ended up paying $353 - will never ever book with Budget again. Just my opinion

Thanks - we are cruising out of Fort Lauderdale in April and wanted to rent a car to drive there and then back. We drove by the Budget office the other day and there were only a couple of cars in the lot - I was worried that we would reserve with them and then there would be no car but I assume that's the point of reservations - the car you reserved will be there on the day you need it. LOL I said, I am a worrier.

We reserved with Budget in May when we cruised on the Dream, and your observation of not many cars being in the lot is correct - when we got there after our cruise, surprise surprise there were no cars of the size we wanted - we had to upgrade and it all ended up costing us a lot more, then to make matters worse, there was a problem with the car, so when we got to Orlando we went back to change it at the airport, and they didn't have much available so again we had to take something bigger and they charged us a lot more.... I wish we had just cancelled at the airport and gone with Alamo...never had a problem with Alamo...anyways with Budget the total price we were supposed to pay with the original reservation should have been $169 approx for the week ended up paying $353 - will never ever book with Budget again. Just my opinion

If you have a certain size car reserved and it is not available you should not have to pay more for an upgrade. I would contact Budget management and ask for a refund.

One day the lots seem empty and the next day full. I rent here in CC 4-5 times a year and never had a problem.

This is probably a stupid question, but after the cruise how do you get to the car rental place to pickup your car once you are off the ship?

They have a free shuttle service to their offices, they tell you where to wait for it.

This is probably a stupid question, but after the cruise how do you get to the car rental place to pickup your car once you are off the ship?

If you have a certain size car reserved and it is not available you should not have to pay more for an upgrade. I would contact Budget management and ask for a refund.

One day the lots seem empty and the next day full. I rent here in CC 4-5 times a year and never had a problem.

Yeah, we drove by there today and there were lots of cars there. I have decided that I won't worry, we will be picking the car up on a Sat. and as there will be a few ships sailing that day, I figure there will be several cars dropped off that day. The Norwegian Sun, Carnival Dream and Disney Magic will all be in.

Archived