Quick stop Mumbai

Joshua's gramps

My wife and I leave Oriana at Mumbai on 1st Dec to return to UK. Not a lot of time in Mumbai from disembarkation to flying out at 13.40 local time. Does anybody advise short tour in taxi before making for airport or does excessive traffic congestion make this a bad idea.

I have been recommended a private hire car company who have quoted Rs 1650 for a small car, or Rs 2300 for a Toyota Innova (MUV). The indian style rate quoted is 5 hours or 65kms. As I belive the airport to be some 35kms from Mumbai airport - is this quote a little on the high side?

Regards,

Joshua's gramps

Hello Rum Rat' date='

Apparently P & O are prevented from arranging transport as a result of local laws!![/quote']

I find this odd. Mumbai was one of the segment end/starts on the World Cruise and people left and joined. Do you mean to tell me that they ALL had to arrange their own transport?

Not questioning your word, but questioning what you have been told.

The only thing I can think, is that you have arranged your own flight, if so I guess your contract with P&O ends when you step off the ship.

Knowing Mumbai traffic, I personally wouldn't want to take the risk of hiring a car, (how long is that going to take before you are behind the wheel and 'off') and drive to the airport in time to book in and catch your flight?

Whatever, good luck and I hope everything works out OK:):)

Mike

Archived