Reviews on Mex Riviera

We are considering the Mexican Riviera for our next cruise. This will be the first cruise with our children and we reside in California so the ease of getting to the port is a plus. Not to mention that we will not have airfare to pay for.

I've tried to search function for reviews of a Mex Riviera cruise but I must be doing something wrong because I can't find anything.

I'm interested in reading or hearing back from fellow cruisers experience with the Mexican Riviera.

Lisa

9/01 Voyager

6/96 Monarch

Lisa,

We are going on Royal Caribbean's Legend of the Seas June 27th to Cabo, Mazatlan and Puerta Vallarta. I will let you know how it was when we return. You can find some great info in the meet and mingle boards under any Legend of the Seas message board.

Ed

There was a huge thread last year about the Vision of the Seas and many, many reviews of the Mexican Riviera cruise.

If you search you may find it. If I can, I'll post a link here.

It's WAAAAAAY better than I thought it would be. It's best to book one that departs from San Diego, but Los Angeles is fine also.

Try Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan and the Jungle Canopy Tour in Puerto Valarta. (neither are offered through the ship so the price is great)

Bill & Jane Lynch

Serenade of the Seas - 8/22/2004

Monarch of the Seas - 8/29/2003 - voyage #660

Vision of the Seas - 5/4/2003 - voyage #225

Explorer of the Seas - 7/20/2002

Monarch of the Seas - 10/17/1999

------------------------------

"Ya best start believin' in ghost stories, Miss Turner, yer in one ! "

We were on the Vision last November to the Mexican Riveria, and loved it so much we are going again in January and taking the kids this time! The weather was absolutely perfect that time of year, and we had a great time. We went on tours in Puerto Vallarta and Cabo, but were on our own in Mazatlan and just hung out on the beach all day. I loved the snorkel and sail tour on Cabo, but was not impressed with the jungle tour in PV and would not recommend it. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;1;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Vision 1/09/05

I forgot to add, check the board for the Mexican Riviera under Ports of Call, and you should find lots of info as well as reviews. I posted a review there of my cruise, and there are several more under Member Reviews also.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;1;9;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Vision 1/09/05

Hi, what cruise are you going on? we are going on the legend Sept 12 out of san diego. I've found a lot of information on the ports of call board. also, I generally check out what excursions the ship is offering and then do a google search. you'd be amazed at what you can find.

Diane

Explorer of the Sea 12/5/04

Legend of the Sea 9/12/04

Voyager of the Sea 8/24/03

Sovereign of the Sea 07/01

We were on Vision of the Seas in December 2003 to the Mexican Riviera and just loved it. So much so that we booked another one for this December but on Celebrity because it leaves out of San Diego.

The following link (I hope this works) is my review from that cruise. If you have any questions I can answer please let me know.

http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=069097554&m=5373072567

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;17;17;00;00&timezone=PDT-0800

..until Celebrity Mercury - 12/17/04

Vision of the Seas - Christmas 2003

Legend of the Seas - Halloween 2002

We are booked for the Legend on Sept. 5 out of San Diego. We like the Mexican Riv. We prefer the Caribbean but heck it's a cruise!! icon_smile.gif

The last time we did this cruise was last October and had a great time. We did Randy's Happy Horses and had a great day. We plan on doing Randy's this time around too.

You'll have fun no matter what cruise your on...

Nordic Empress 3/03

Star Princess 10/03

Legend of the Seas 9/04

Parents 60th Anniversary Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;09;05;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Dawn Princess 11/04 Thanksgiving Cruise with Family

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;11;23;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Wow, what great responses. These boards are terrific. I don't know why I didn't find them years ago when I was planning our other cruises. Everyone has given me alot of information to start looking at.

I'm not sure why, but I didn't even think about sailing out of San Diego. We live in Southern California so Long Beach or San Diego is open for us.

We are not "married" to RCI so I guess I should also be more open minded about different cruise lines. You all have helped me out alot. Thanks.

Lisa

9/01 Voyager

6/96 Monarch

Archived