One Day Sale Prices Not Visible In "Old" Booking Engine?

megmno

I wanted to compare the price of the one day sale for my August 21, 2011 Valor cruise that we've got booked ES and found something weird.

A few days ago when Host Mach posted the link to the old booking engine:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1288932

I used the link to view the cabin categories. According to the Carnival "beard" who sent Mach the link once you use it your browser will always go to that booking engine instead of the new one. (It adds a cookie.)

Ok, so today I happened to have a different browser (Safari) open when I checked the prices. It went to the new booking engine, and the fares for the One Day Sale were included on the list of fares.

Since the new engine is annoying to use I opened my regular browser and used the old booking engine to look at the prices. The One Day Sale fares were NOT included on the list of fares.

Now, in my case, the One Day Sale fares are substantially higher than the ES fare ($100 more pp for an 8M cabin; 9C cabins were not included in the sale). So I don't have a problem with this, but it does make me wonder if the "old booking engine" will be updated with the same database that the new engine uses.

Anyone else notice any discrepancies?

Archived