Sapphire Beach....?

aprill121

TBN Hubby here

It is a very nice beach. Wide, sandy, almost flat. Lots of sand and quite a few shade trees. Plenty of chairs. We spent a morning there and no one asked for any money for the chairs but I suspect that is not the norm.

Snorkeling was good the one time (last year) I was there with clear water and manageable current and waves. The whole right side is a large, shallow coral reef with lots of structure and color. You must enter the water near the center of the bay and snorkel over to the reef or you may get into a situation where you are standing on or touching the reef and many folks will yell at you and and mutter bad names in your direction -- as they should for anyone that kills the coral. The area to the right is pretty rocky, anyway, and not a good entry point.

There may be more snorkeling on the left side, but I didn't look.

There was a water sports stand there with a good selection of toys for rent. They will also give you a bit of help on where to enter the water to stay away from the rocks/reef.

Maybe we were there at a bad time but there was no OPEN restaurant -- only a 'snack bar' with very, very limited offerings.

Worth the trip for the beach and snorkeling in my book.

We are going back for the 3rd time to Sapphire beach. One of the most beautiful beaches. you can rent chairs. I don't remember it being outrageous expensive. We are booked on an island tour with Air Force One and then 2+ hours stop at Sapphire Beach or longer.

Archived