Coral Spa Questions

Nightengale31

My husband and I will be sailing on the Coral in a few weeks doing a partial Panama Canal cruise and I would like to get a couple of spa indulgences. Wondering if there are any spa treatments that are available that are different from those listed in online booking ?

Also any input from those who have had the thermal spa/lounger experience is appreciated expecially the process for booking this.

Thanks in advance.

PS Anything else shared about the Coral is welcomed as this will be our first time on this ship. We have cruised twice on the Golden and once on the Caribbean. We are in mini suite D504.

We just got off the Coral last week. We did book the Thermal Suite while aboard. The lounges were great to relax. I used the steam rooms, but the wife did not. We found that we did not use the package as much as we thought we would though. When we wanted to use the thermal lounges to relax befor going to bed, we found the spa closed at 8pm on sea days, so it was not available. We ended up waisting a lot of money.

Warren & Taryn

We just got off the Coral last week. We did book the Thermal Suite while aboard. The lounges were great to relax. I used the steam rooms, but the wife did not. We found that we did not use the package as much as we thought we would though. When we wanted to use the thermal lounges to relax befor going to bed, we found the spa closed at 8pm on sea days, so it was not available. We ended up waisting a lot of money.

Warren & Taryn

We will be on the Coral in just a couple of weeks and I was wondering what all was included in the Thermal Suite/steam rooms and what the price was. What were the hours it was available and was there waiting times? Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Lori

I'm also sailing on the Coral in less than 2 weeks:D. I've used the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire and enjoyed it and thought it was worth the money but can't directly comment on the Coral.

I'd like to expand the question a little since there are experienced Coral sailors in this thread, and I hope the OP doesn't mind. I have read that the Coral has a Sanctuary that has been added, but it may not be as big or as fully functioning as those on larger ships. So is the Sanctuary worth it? Is the pool sufficient? Is a hot tub available? Thanks!

I'm also sailing on the Coral in less than 2 weeks:D. I've used the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire and enjoyed it and thought it was worth the money but can't directly comment on the Coral.

I'd like to expand the question a little since there are experienced Coral sailors in this thread, and I hope the OP doesn't mind. I have read that the Coral has a Sanctuary that has been added, but it may not be as big or as fully functioning as those on larger ships. So is the Sanctuary worth it? Is the pool sufficient? Is a hot tub available? Thanks!

I was interested in your comments regarding the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire. We have used the Thermal Suite on Grand, Golden, Coral and Island - but we will be on the Sapphire next year for 28 days. We were on her last year for a week in Mexico, but did not use any of the spa facilities. I am sure that we will want to use those facilities on a 28 days cruise however. Just wondering if the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire is comparable to the Coral and Island. How many of the warm tile beds are there and how many steam rooms and aroma showers? Did you find it to be crowded at specific times or on sea days? We will have 18 sea days. Obviously for 28 days it will be expensive for both myself and my husband - but that's okay as long as the facilities are adequate and we don't have too much trouble getting in without crowds.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Coral in a few weeks doing a partial Panama Canal cruise and I would like to get a couple of spa indulgences. Wondering if there are any spa treatments that are available that are different from those listed in online booking ?

Also any input from those who have had the thermal spa/lounger experience is appreciated expecially the process for booking this.

Thanks in advance.

PS Anything else shared about the Coral is welcomed as this will be our first time on this ship. We have cruised twice on the Golden and once on the Caribbean. We are in mini suite D504.

That once you get into the spa, they will try to sell you products. :rolleyes: I went for a manicure and was enjoying it until the nail tech started to try to sell me things to make my skin softer. It was pretty hard sell and I admit that I did buy a bottle of the "Elemis" (princess brand) of body oil called Moisture Melt. Bottom line is that my manicure went from $35 plus tip to about $98! The product is fine and I do have dry skin, but I'm not sure it's any better than something I could have gotten at Target for a few dollars. The spa was very empty the day I went, in fact I was the only one in there at 10am on a sea day. Surprising!

That being said, Coral is wonderful! I like it so much better than the huge ships. It's comfortable, you can always find a seat and the staff is so friendly. We had a fabulous cabin steward and the cabin was very comfy.... a mini suite on Baja Deck.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!:D

I was interested in your comments regarding the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire. We have used the Thermal Suite on Grand, Golden, Coral and Island - but we will be on the Sapphire next year for 28 days. We were on her last year for a week in Mexico, but did not use any of the spa facilities. I am sure that we will want to use those facilities on a 28 days cruise however. Just wondering if the Thermal Suite on the Sapphire is comparable to the Coral and Island. How many of the warm tile beds are there and how many steam rooms and aroma showers? Did you find it to be crowded at specific times or on sea days? We will have 18 sea days. Obviously for 28 days it will be expensive for both myself and my husband - but that's okay as long as the facilities are adequate and we don't have too much trouble getting in without crowds.

The Sapphire is the only Princess ship I have sailed on so far so I can't make a comparison. If I remember correctly, there were 8 warm tile loungers. I believe there are one each of the steam, sauna and aroma shower. It seemed that the tile loungers were very popular and there were times that I had to wait till one came available. These were times that you would expect maximum use, like between meals. The other rooms were never crowded. I enjoyed the Thermal Suite and thought it was worth the money for me. I hope this helps.

It was about $10 per day per person. They sell a limited number for the cruise so, as I understood it, you can't pay as you go. The Lotus Spa was open till 10pm on port days but closed at 8pm on sea days.

Hi Warren and Taryn,

We agree completely that we didn't use the thermal spa as much as we thought we would.

I did notice that people who did not pay for the Thermal Suite just walked in and used it and were never questioned. Kind of a bummer since we paid for it for the cruise.

Vince & Lin

Thanks in advance.

The Coral and Island are our favorite ships of the Princess line. Just the perfect size. We were on the Coral about a year ago for the 15 day Panama Canal cruise from L.A. to FLL. My husband and I did pay for the Thermal Suite - but, we didn't decide to do this until the 2nd or 3rd day on board. When we went to the spa to ask about the cost, we asked if we would have to pay the full amount for the 15 days as we had already missed a few days. Surprisingly, theysaid they were actually having a "special" and for $100 per person we could have access for the rest of the cruise. That worked for us - and it actually worked well for them, because we ended up also booking a couples massage that turned out to be so wonderful that we did it 3 times altogether during the 15 days. Always ask at the Spa desk if they are offering any specials. I would also advise - if you do any of the spa treatments, to explain to your masseuse right up front and very politely, that you have no intention of buying any products at all - you are just there for the massage and please don't try to sell me anything. We always do this and have avoided the 'hard sell' for many, many cruises now.

The Sapphire is the only Princess ship I have sailed on so far so I can't make a comparison. If I remember correctly, there were 8 warm tile loungers. I believe there are one each of the steam, sauna and aroma shower. It seemed that the tile loungers were very popular and there were times that I had to wait till one came available. These were times that you would expect maximum use, like between meals. The other rooms were never crowded. I enjoyed the Thermal Suite and thought it was worth the money for me. I hope this helps.

rich52us -

That helps a lot and thanks for taking the time to respond. I am sure now that we will want to book the thermal suite for the entire cruise.

Archived