Caribbean Princess Mini Suites

B_K

What are differences (if any) between mini suites on Emerald deck versus those on Dolphin? Looking at categories AD & AC.

Thanks,

BK

Emerald deck minis have fully covered balcony. Dolphin deck balacony's have no cover - exposed to the sky. No other diffenence.

Many folks like the covered balcony's because the way the dolphin deck is stepped out from the side of the ship, people above can look down on the Dolphin deck balconies. So if you do get an AD on Emerald deck, because you don't want to be exposed, be sure to mark your reservation 'no upgrade'.

The only difference between the Dolphin and Emerald deck minis is the balcony. On Dolphin deck, the balcony is stepped out so it is completely uncovered and exposed to the sun, weather and anyone above. On Emerald deck the balcony is completely covered as they are directly beneath the Dolphin minis. They are quiet, private, close to the water and protected from sun and weather. The only difference between AA, AB and AC minis is location on Dolphin deck. AA is mid-ship, AB is either further forward or further aft, and AC is either far forward or far aft.

Some prefer the Dolphin deck minis as they want to sun themselves but if you need to stay out of the sun or want privacy, the ADs on Emerald deck are better. There are only a few ADs so if you want one, you need to book them early and have your booking marked "No upgrade."

I remember on prior cruise looking down on Dolphin balconies from my Caribe balcony... it did prove interesting at times.... I think I'll go with Emerald....

Thanks to all,

BK

I remember on prior cruise looking down on Dolphin balconies from my Caribe balcony... it did prove interesting at times.... I think I'll go with Emerald....

Thanks to all,

BK

We opted for Dolphin deck again after having had a cabin there last year. As BK said, you definitely do have to keep in mind that you are visible from above, but it didn't bother us and we enjoy the sun aspect. From previous cruises, we prefer having the balcony uncovered as to us it just seems a bit brighter, and more open, etc. Either way, enjoy!

Archived