Why we don't go on "all gay cruises" anymore

RickIronton

My partner and I have done plenty of both types of cruises (Atlantis charters and straight cruises). I like both for different reasons, and really have not had any issues on either type of cruise. What we book depends largely on the itinerary and the cruise line/ship. Obviously there are a LOT more straight options. But when Atlantis does an itinerary that appeals to us on a ship that we like, we're happy to sail with them.

Regarding the price, I would say often Atlantis does cost more (mainly because of all the superior entertainment they bring on board compared to straight cruises). But when they announced their French Polynesia trip for 2017 with Oceania, I checked out the Oceania site to see what options Oceania offered. We liked the itinerary, but didn't necessarily care if we did it on a gay charter. And in this particular case, the Atlantis charter was actually less expensive than Oceania's equivalent straight cruise.

So I've learned to do my homework and pick the cruise that works best for my interests, timing and ship preferences, without regard to whether or not it is gay or straight.

• 3 months later...

Very interesting thread. We have been on 10 cruises now, 1 Celebrity, 1 RCI, and 8 Princess, and have never been ostracised or threatened. We have made some very good friends over the years, bath and and hetro and still keep in touch with many of them. We often get emails from Atlantis and would like to experience an all gay cruise, but, we are Australian and when we add the price of air fares on to an already expensive cruise it becomes way over the top. We could do 3 Australian cruises for the same price. We are off on our longest cruise by far in May this year. a 75 night cruises around the Pacific so are looking forward to meeting some more new friend on the way.

Id love to go on a gay cruise but the cruise prices tend to turn me off. I just cant see paying 2 to 3 times more for a cruise than I typically pay for. Id rather book 3 "straight" cruises than overpay for 1 gay cruise. Ive never had an issue with my sexuality on any cruise ive been on, and ive been on 8 so far, mainly with Carnival. Hell, I have at least one drunk straight daddy hit on me every cruise Ive been on. Lmao. I tend to always make great friends on each cruise I go on...when I tell them im gay, they want to hang out with me more, cause lets be honest, gay people are a blast to party with lol.... Im sure the gay cruises are a blast and I get that you are paying the extra entertainment. Being single, id maybe book one...but idk if id enjoy an all gay men cruise if I was dating someone. Id want a cruise to be about me and my partner, not worried about someone eying me or my partner like a piece of meat. Unless u are into that sorta thing. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app