Georgetown for someone who doesn't care for water sports, etc.

lady_cruiser

Here it goes, I will be turning 62 on my next cruise to Georgetown. I do not swim, don't care for the beach, getting kissed by a dolphin, or snorkeling. What is there to do in Georgetown that will hold my interest for several hours? Its been several years since I have been there so I do not remember anything about this port. Any suggestions?

Here it goes, I will be turning 62 on my next cruise to Georgetown. I do not swim, don't care for the beach, getting kissed by a dolphin, or snorkeling. What is there to do in Georgetown that will hold my interest for several hours? Its been several years since I have been there so I do not remember anything about this port. Any suggestions?

That leaves shopping. Of course, you can do that at home.:D

That leaves shopping. Of course, you can do that at home.:D

Yes but even I get tired of seeing the same old tee-shirts and baskets.

Thank you for your googling this for me. I'll check it out tonight (shhh don't tell my boss I'm here right now instead of working.)

• 2 weeks later...

I will just share what I did, with my 76 yr old mom recently.

We booked a tour through Carnival, which took us to by bus to see the views on 7-Mile Beach. This was the highlight of the tour, in my opinion.

We also went to the Turtle Farm (for about an hour), and to the tourist town of Hell. This was my second trip to George Town, my mom's first.

I totally understand how these would be dull for someone who has seen all this before.

Seems to me that there isn't much else to see or do (besides snorkling or the rays), but it's a beautiful port!

Good luck! And let us know what you discover!

Motor museum sounds good, so does the Blue Iguana (of course my sister will stay on the bus for this one.) I'm not sure about Hell, I here it is just rock formations.

Yeah...Hell is not that great and it's not much to look at...It's seems like most people like to stop there so they can send ppl a postcard that states it's from "Hell"...It's basically some rocks and a post office/gift shop. I literally walked around for about 5 minutes and hopped back in the taxi when I went there.

Archived