Simplicity, JollyMon or Sunyata?

reggiesmommy

We will be in St. Thomas from 8:00 - 5:00. Is that enough time to do the full day sailing excursions?

I am debating between Simplicity and JollyMon tours, mostly based on feedback & their websites. I like the sounds of Sunyata but can't locate a website online which makes me nervous. Does anyone have an updated website to get their info? Or opinions on which I should choose? There will be 4 of us on this excursion and ideally I'd love to do a private trip.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Laura

Laura,

I was also interested in Sunyata for our upcoming December 2010 cruise. Upon my initial research in August I found his website was up and operational but recently it has been down. Since the site was down I was a little concerned and did an internet search for SUNYATA and found that this catamaran was listed for sale. I have since booked with another operator as I became even more concerned.

Here is the listing as well as the website:

•44' Voyage 440 (2002) asking $325,000, located in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands (US) SUNYATA Yanmar, 40 HP

http://www.catamarans.com/sales/article.aspx?title=Over50CatamaransForSaleListedThisMonth&author=StaleyWeidman&id=a0g600000005GkiAAE

Have a great cruise,

Rick

JollyMon has a good two stop all day snorkel. Depending on the wind conditions and time, Gail will sail part or a lot of the way. Her daughter Sarah is an excellent guide on the snorkels. The boat is clean and well kept. She picks you up and drops you off right at the base of the cruise dock so you don't have to walk very far. The boat is moored near the dock, you can see it from your ship. Gail is responsive to emails ad will answer your questions before hand.

Thank you both for the info! I emailed both Simplicity & Jolly Mon on Friday. Simplicity got right back to me & I'm still awaiting Jolly Mon's reply. I sent her a follow-up just in case. I can't really tell from their website if Jolly Mon has alcohol on board their boat - do you know?

Laura

Thank you both for the info! I emailed both Simplicity & Jolly Mon on Friday. Simplicity got right back to me & I'm still awaiting Jolly Mon's reply. I sent her a follow-up just in case. I can't really tell from their website if Jolly Mon has alcohol on board their boat - do you know?

Laura

We had some rum punch and BIL and I had a couple of beers, but we weren't there for the booze cruise.

You might double check your spam mail as sometimes replies from out side the US get routed there depending on your spam filter.

Thanks. We're not in it for the booze either, but it's nice to know it's available after snorkeling is over : )

Jolly Mon's website is now down. Not a good sign either. I think we'll go with Simplicity. Thanks for your tips!

Sorry to hear JollyMon's site is down. I guess a lot of folks are having difficulty with the recent weather and the drop off in tourism from the land vacationers.

Enjoy your day with Simplicity!:)

I just emailed Andy with Sunyata to find out if i"m still confirmed for our sail, about 30 days from now....as a serious pre planner, i"m glad i read this board to discover that his site is down and cat up for sale....yikes.....

I heard from Andy this morning - he is still in business and having issues with his website. Whew....I'm really looking forward to our sail with him. I did see where his cat is for sale....but, until that occurs, he's still doing sails and I've read (and DDFLA too) that his excursion is amazing!!!!!

I heard from Andy this morning - he is still in business and having issues with his website. Whew....I'm really looking forward to our sail with him. I did see where his cat is for sale....but, until that occurs, he's still doing sails and I've read (and DDFLA too) that his excursion is amazing!!!!!

He wasn't early or late, right on time, so don't panic at the dock, and he will probably pick you up in his dingy. If you are on Carnival, when you get off the ship, stay on the docks all the way to the end by the Yacht Club, he'll pick you up at the sign before you go into the club area.

We sail on the RCL Jewel of the Seas on Saturday and have a tour booked with Sunyata next week, on 11/3. Or, at least I think we do. I realized yesterday, while organizing paperwork for the cruise, that I don't have anything from Andy giving me specifics on pick-up time or location. I e-mailed him yesterday, but haven't yet heard from him. I will definitely report back about this excursion when we return.

• 2 weeks later...

We went out with Simplicity last week for a half-day sail. They have a four person minimum, but when we arrived we learned the other couple had canceled. They took us out anyway. It ended up being a private sail.:D Charlie and Josh were outstanding hosts. We sailed to Caneel Bay in St John and went snorkeling. We had the bay almost to ourselves and saw several sea turtles and rays. It was a great way to enjoy the islands. I can highly recommend them!

Archived