Cruising with kids differences between P&O & RCI?

mrspjotter

Just booked our 1st P&O cruise on Azura next Feb out of Barbados - we've been on 2 RCI cruises in the last 2 years (Freedom & Explorer) and I just wondered are there any major differences to consider with regards to the children's facilities?

Our son will be 10 when we go on Azura and our twin daughters will be 7.

Can anyone comment on the pools on Azura - is there a children's pool or can children go in any of them? (except the Spa area I know that is out of bounds).

Also I read there is a drink/ice cream card you can purchase for £20? which entitles you to 20 drinks or ice-creams? Is that the only card/package? On RCI we could buy a water and soft drinks package and have bottles delivered to the room.

Also any comments on the kids programme activities for that age group?

Apologies for so many questions:confused:

There aren't alot of P&O folks on these "random" boards...you may want to post your questions on the P&O site, if there is one!

On RCI, you might have the water delivered to the cabin, but soda is only avail. at a bar/fountain when you use a soda package.

The ship's water is more than fine...it's probably better than bottled...no need to pay for water on the ship!

cb at sea - thanks very much I did notice that it is a bit "P&O" quiet on here - being british I guess I should expect that but having been on 2 RCI cruises before I like the info I used to get from fellow RCI cruisers and learnt loads before I went on my first cruise which helped immensely.

Even the roll calls for P&O are really quiet I posted on mine a few days ago and no-one has replied :confused:

I think p&O has there own version of this on the P&O website - i'll see if I can drum up some discussion on there!

Archived