Suggestions for Customized Tour with Bernards

afcj1

My group of 40 has booked a private tour with Bernards and we're able to customize where we go and for how long.

The musts are: Orient, Maho for planes, some shopping & sightseeing. Most of us have never been so I'm looking for some suggestions from anyone who's been.

Any other "must dos"?

Thanks.

Too bad there are no responses here - we are a party of 8, trying to do the same thing for Dec 2010. We have 12 & 17 yr old girls & a 20 yr old boy. Wondering how topless the non-nudie area of Orient is. Apparently, all the beaches are topless on St. Martin. And if we don't go to Orient, how Pinel is - or other recommendations for a nice, non-crowded beach. I'm not sure about doing all the "over-looks" - would rather spend more time at Maho & Marigot, as well as long beach time.

We have been to Orient and also Pinel Island, both times with our teenager son and daughter. Both areas we did see topless, but it was no big deal. Had one family of 3 generations on Pinel, and the mom was topless. Sort of wierd, but after first glance, you sort of forget that it is odd, and enjoy your day. On Orient Beach we saw maybe 4 topless throughout the whole day. One of them was a 70+ lady jogging. Interesting... Just tell the kids ahead of time, so they are not staring (or in most cases, also need to make sure your husband is not staring/drooling as well.) None were real "lookers" so that was good too. :p

Orient, Pinel and Maho are all good places. We have stopped Orient now as we prefer to spend more time at Maho.

Just keep in mind that there is driving time involved between the French & Dutch sides. We choose to arrive Maho earlier so we have more time. It is on the opposite side from where the ship docks.

Shopping I recommend Rima's which is close to the ship. You can get almost anything there that you have seen on the Island but at a much better price.

Yes you do see some topless or even nude at the far side Of Orient. My dd and friend were 12 when they 1st went here and I just told them in advance and they really could have cared less.

Just let Bernard know if you want "X" amount of time at a particular place and he can let you know if it is doable. Traffic factors in on the Island.

It's a bit difficult to get 40 folks to agree!!

Good Luck and enjoy the beautiful Island and Bernards Tour!

Archived