Honolulu late hotel check out

louanddave

Hi Everyone

I posted this on the hotel thread, but have gotten no replys.

We are looking for a hotel in Honolulu that offers late check out or a

hosptiality suite where you can leave your luggage and take a shower.

We have a late night flight departing Honolul.

I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks

Lou

We stayed at the Park Shore in November and I inquired about late checkout as our flight wasn't until 8:30. I believe the price quoted was $60 which we declined and just put the luggage in the car and drove around the Island. Many hotels will allow you to store your luggage. I came across this web site

http://honolulu.hotels-in-hawaii-state.com/honolulu-airport-hotel.html

and they advertise a day room for $59 from 8 am to 6 pm.

Another possibility might be to use Priceline and bid on a room at one of the cheaper hotels. When we were at Park Shore we were able to check in around 9:30 am but it was on Thanksgiving morning. Even if you couldn't check in early, you could still probably store your luggage, then you could use the room to shower, etc and just check out in time to catch your flight.

Given the price at the Airport Hotel and I'm pretty sure that doesn't include taxes etc., you should be able to find something on Waikiki at a comparable price for overnight. I'd recommend something near Kapiolani Park, that way you might be able to find on street parking. Park Shore and Waikiki Grand are just two of the hotels across from the Park.

That's the problem with day rooms - most hotels aren't willing to tie up their rooms with day rooms when they might be able to fill it with an overnight staying guest - hotel occupanies in Waikiki are doing pretty good at this time. The only suggestion that I have like Dan said is to call around and to see if any of the above hotels offer something or would be able to guarantee you late checkout. If you're a member of a number of hotel preferred guest programs (such as Starwood Preferred Guest), they might be able to get you late check out through that as well.

Spleen

Archived