Ecstasy - U103 Grand Suite

USAF&wife

Room looks pretty much like the photos on Carnival's website.

Balcony has an obstructed view that they didn't tell us about. U101 bumped out balcony blocks your view.

Overall, a nice room, but would not pay full price for it. Lots of room if you need it.

Tamara

100_4285.jpg.8269a16b8a057f90954a375cccdf9db2.jpg

100_4289.jpg.ee6ceeeeca7ef5413b3d03e9cf739b32.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg.53dcf79be7affedc50d2e0da05d6c169.jpg

I wonder if eventually Carnival will consider them obstructed? Or because you can see straight out over the water that the view isn't considered obstructed? I see what you mean about U101 balcony jutting; guess that's why they are considered even more premium than just the regular Grand Suites.

I wonder if eventually Carnival will consider them obstructed? Or because you can see straight out over the water that the view isn't considered obstructed? I see what you mean about U101 balcony jutting; guess that's why they are considered even more premium than just the regular Grand Suites.

Probably why we got the Upsale Fairy call and got it for $165.00 per person over our booked regular balcony.

If you need the space and can get it at a reduced rate, the room is nice and the steward (George) is FANTASTIC!

It was our first cruise and I learned a lot. Yep, we loved cruising!

Tamara

Do you have any photo of the obstruction?

The reason I ask is because the cabin is NOT listed as obstructed.

Obstructed balconies are on the Veranda deck and the obstruction is the lifeboats.

Looking at the deck plans I do not see how the 101 juts out further then the others.

Do you have any photo of the obstruction?

The reason I ask is because the cabin is NOT listed as obstructed.

Obstructed balconies are on the Veranda deck and the obstruction is the lifeboats.

Looking at the deck plans I do not see how the 101 juts out further then the others.

The first picture in my post shows how U101 blocks the view.

It is not major, but for what the regular price is of U103 Grand Suite, I did not think any part of my view should have been blocked.

The deck plans shows the balcony of U101 jutting out, but it was our first cruise and I had no idea that was what I was seeing on the deck plan. Check the deck plan for the Ecstasy Deck 6 Upper again and you will see how the balcony sticks out. They are now labeled as "Extend Balcony", but I don't remember seeing that what I booked. They could have been and since I was new I just didn't catch it or understand it.

It makes me curious now if the other extended balconies block each other.

It was a nice room and really had more space than the 2 of us needed for such a short cruise. Just wanted others to know about the partial blockage of the view.

Tamara

The FantasyClass balconies are just not like other ships balconies at all.

And with a SPirit class you gotta be careful because some categories come listed as obstructed.

In the Conquest class- there are no obstructed balconies

Archived