Celebrity Land and Sea vs. Herod's Land and Sea?

scotlady

Hi.

Other than price, any thoughts on the ship's excursion (Land and Sea to the Pitons) vs, Herod's (Land and Sea Safari Tour)?

Looking for a tour that will both take us up into the hills for the views and give us a little time on a beach. Herod's sounds great, but also looks like they may be trying to fit in too much. Does it end up feeling hectic? Has anyone ever taken it and had an issue with getting back to the ship on time?

On the ship's excursion - how many people usually on a tour - is it going to end up being a larger group than if we do Herod's?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know much about Celebrity's land and sea tour, but we did take Herod's Land and Sea tour last year. One of the best tours I have ever been on. We had a group from our CC roll call and had a blast. We had 2 vans and Herod and Junior were great. Got lots of insight into various things on the island I do not think we would have gotten anywhere else. Best part was the home cooked lunch at Herod's home prepared by his family. Very good and not something I think we would have found on a larger tour. Would definitely recommend Herod's tour.

Tim

I second what the previous poster wrote; everyone from our Roll Call loved Herod's tour, and while he does include a lot in his tour, we never felt rushed or that he was trying to do too much. We were back to the ship in plenty of time, even though it left an hour earlier than scheduled. I am posting a little bit fuller review of Herod on this board; check it out. I don't think you will go wrong with booking with Herod.

• 2 weeks later...

I will join the Herod glee club! He was awesome and we NEVER felt rushed. Since the storm, there has been some trouble getting immediate responses from him. Please be patient and book him! It was the highlight of our tour.

This is from another post. FYI:

We were on one of the last tour with Herod before the hurricane hit (we were with him on 10/28). I was concerned and sent him an email on Monday and just got a reply from him today. He asked me to post on CC for anyone touring with him soon. here is his email:

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for the prayers and your blessings for St. Lucia. We just got power in Soufriere (my home town) this morning and internet will be down for at least another week. I am in Vieux Fort right now at an internet cafe. I'm all right and helping persons with their recovery efforts. My town is completely devastated. The roads to the city (Castries) are completely blocked and some parts washed away. Hoping that it will be partially opened for my tours next week. The cruise stops were all cancelled by the authorities this week. People are desperate for drinking water and clothing for those who lose their homes.

Could you place a note on cruise critic on my behalf informing persons who have e-mailed me regarding tours that I will be able to reply at least 2 days after they send their mails due to the internet problem from the disaster.

I'm happy that you'll had a wonderful time and hope to see you again one day. Thank you.

Herod

So if you've had difficulties contacting Herod at his email (hstanislas@hotmail.com) please be patient. It's a beautiful country, and I hope you all get to tour with Herod, it was the highlight of our cruise.

Archived