Lunch in Lisbon, recommendations please

Daneite

Brenda~~~As to Bermuda, we'll arrive between 8 and 9 am and depart at 3 pm.I don't believe excursions will be offered. We dock very close to St George and it's quite easy to stroll up and walk around or shop. Last year I know a few that merely went for a "Taxi Tour".......St. George is beautiful!

You will want to take advantage of Seabourn's invitation to go to Reid's Palace Hotel for Tea Time! The hotel encourgages us to "dress up"......as it's a formal tea.I always love going to the "open-air" market......there are many sights to see in Funchal, if you've not been before. The Island is spotless clean, with 'lit street sweepers, in their orange vests, just a "sweepin'".......all Taxi's are Mercedes brand. As to excursions, talk to Carol Frey , she'll be on board and is very good.....and a fellow "Texan!" A very cute and lively gal! You may want to purchase some Euros here as we'll disembark Lisbon on a Sunday.

We're also spending 3 days in Lisbon. We plan to "relax" on Easter......with the exception of going to The Tower of Belem at 6 pm to "properly send the Pride on her way".........join us if you'd like! I'll be taking my Seabourn flag to wave at Captain Rodahl and all the "Merry-makers!" We're touring on Monday and Tuesday around Lisbon.

Many on our CC Board are very knowlegable of Funchal and Lisbon if you have questions.

WELCOME! I'll see you on board the Pride The Ides of March!! WOO HOO~~

Martita

It's been years since I was there, but my recollection is that it's about 30-45 minutes outside Lisbon. Can easily be done in a half day. Lord Byron loved it, but then he was rather rhapsodic about pretty much everywhere! My kinda guy!

bgood

Matt~~I've not been on the wine tours.....I believe that one of the Seabourn's tours offered stops at a winery. We've always enjoyed "trekkin' off" on our own. Taxi's are very reasonable and there is a central Taxi station (right in front of the botanical gardens on the main street) where you can request an English speaking driver. Once, Mother and I hired a Taxi/driver and had a most enjoyable day! Mother invited him to come back to the ranch with us! And he thought about it! Yes.......all together now, CARUMBA!!!!

You will fall in love with the gorgeous flowers......be sure and buy a few nosegays to take back to the Legend! Great for housekeepers and for "The Welcoming Desk" gals! I try to bring them a gift, as they usually do not have the time to go ashore. Go to the Mercedo dos Lavradores, (worker's market) downtown. Take your camera! Hopefully, someone will be playing music and YOU can DANCE with the pretty Portuguese girls!

Have fun!

MB

For the Pride disembarkers on Sun. March 27th.....if you plan on spending a few days in and around Lisbon you might want to go to The Thieves Market on Tuesday. It resembles the open-air markets in Paris and Madrid and is called, "Feira da Ladra" on Campo de Santa Clara. I think it would be alot of fun. I would love to find a few antique treasures! (open on Sat.'s & Tues.)

MB

Martita,

We booked tours with Peter of Limotours for Sunday and Monday. The email address didn't work, but I found it by Googleing limotours. The address is limotours@netcabo.pt I don't know if we will actually have Peter as our guide. He is the one I have been in contact with, but he says "we" will meet you at the ship. Anyway, I'm glad to have it set up and thanks for the info.

Brenda

• 2 weeks later...

Archived