No caribbean ships/availability in September, 2011?

tikibeach

I'm trying to look at cruises for September, 2011 for an anniversary cruise. Last night the website wouldn't work at all for me, and today, it showed all Serenade cruises and cabins as N/A. Now its even showing other ships that way. Anyone know if it is a website glitch or if there will be some major repositioning going on? Emerald Princess also goes this route, but I don't know if we would like it as well as RC. Thanks!

I'm trying to look at cruises for September, 2011 for an anniversary cruise. Last night the website wouldn't work at all for me, and today, it showed all Serenade cruises and cabins as N/A. Now its even showing other ships that way. Anyone know if it is a website glitch or if there will be some major repositioning going on? Emerald Princess also goes this route, but I don't know if we would like it as well as RC. Thanks!

The Royal Caribbean website goes down every Saturday night for maintenance. It should be back up and working properly this AM.

Good Morning Tikibeach.

I just tried to look for availability on Serenade this morning and it is showing me pricing for cruises in Sept 2011. Maybe try again or call RCCL directly, but I can definately see it.

Have a great Sunday

I can't understand why they do maintenance every weekend! Nothing really changes & overall, they have one of the worst sites going. I wonder if they've ever verified how many hits it gets while they're doing their non productive maintenance versus doing it at other times mid week when there may be less traffic.

I can't understand why they do maintenance every weekend! Nothing really changes & overall, they have one of the worst sites going. I wonder if they've ever verified how many hits it gets while they're doing their non productive maintenance versus doing it at other times mid week when there may be less traffic.

I have to disagree with you. I work in IT and maintenace is one of the most important thing that we need to do. Maintenance is also know as a complete backup. If a system crashes you will lose every bit of information you have in the system if you do not have a backup copy to restore that information. RCL is backup information probably includes information not only for reservations and payments but also logs of ships' maintenaces, employees records, food orders, number of accidents or illnesses logged into the ships records, etc. The list of information needed at any given time can go on and on. I don't even want to think of the disaster that will be caused if RCL's system would crash and a backup copy would not be available. There would be no records of yours or mine's reservations, the payments I made, which cabin I am in, etc.

I have to disagree with you. I work in IT and maintenace is one of the most important thing that we need to do. Maintenance is also know as a complete backup. If a system crashes you will lose every bit of information you have in the system if you do not have a backup copy to restore that information. RCL is backup information probably includes information not only for reservations and payments but also logs of ships' maintenaces, employees records, food orders, number of accidents or illnesses logged into the ships records, etc. The list of information needed at any given time can go on and on. I don't even want to think of the disaster that will be caused if RCL's system would crash and a backup copy would not be available. There would be no records of yours or mine's reservations, the payments I made, which cabin I am in, etc.

Okay, I'll concede the possibility that the maintenance only appears to be non productive to me as a user. And I certainly understand the need for regular backup. (Shouldn't that be done daily?) But I still think the timing could be better...........

Archived