Help in Nassau!

bhcruise

We will be in port from 7-3 on Dec. 22. My first question is how cold will the water be at that time? Second is should we try to go to Blue Lagoon, my understanding is we would take the 8:30 boat and then have to leave on the 1:00 boat so we would get about 4 hours. I am traveling with DD 7 and DS 4. Is this a good option for us or should I just do the Sheraton? The other option was to go to the Atlantis aquarium, not the water park jut the aquarium. It seems all three of these otions are about the same price so I am just not sure which is a better choice. I read some reviews that the Atlantis aquarium is not spectacular but then some say it is amazing. We live near the Baltimore aquarium which my kids love going to so if it is not that great I don't want to spend the money. Sorry for all the questions and rambling, this is the one port I can't figure out!

One more thing, there are five ships in port that day so I don't know if that will make a difference on the ability to get passes at the Sheraton. I read aout the $99 room but from my understanding that will be $110 instead of $45 for one adult and two kids so I don't really want to do that unless I need to.

7 till 3 is a little painful I know, best thing I could suggest is the British Colonial Hilton day pass, which is walking distance from the port. 50 in advance 25 for children, 30 voucher for adults for food and drink 10 for children, 60 at the door if you don't book in advance, I always book in advance, a good saving. I used Island Marketing who I found on the web.

We were in Nassau last year at the same time you will be there this year. The weather was cool (long sleeves or a sweater), it was definately not swimming weather. I don't know if this was normal weather or not. My kids are about the same age as yours (DS was 5 & DD was 9) and we went to the pirate museum. My DD was not excited about the idea of going there, but really enjoyed it once we were there. It is walking distance from the port.

Archived