Rio Hotel

sheba5

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz Plaza in Leblon? It seems quite nice and reasonable. However it seems quite a ways out. We are not interested in being on the beach, but would like to be able to walk to beach and restaurants. Any info is welcome.

I am having a hard time getting a good hotelroom; most of them are already booked and we are not leaving until november! I could get a room at the Rio Copa, which is a 3 star hotel. Anybody knows anything about this place? Thanks.

Hello,

Leblon isn't much out of the way. It is safe and clean and you would likely be very happy staying there (it's a wealthy area of Rio). I was in Rio last year and stayed on Ipanema - great shopping and restaurants very close by (within a block or two). Ipanema beach is much less crowded than Copacabana and less touristy and more safe. I stayed at the Praia Ipanema and it was fine (included breakfast like all the other hotels as well). Our hotel was also very close to where Leblon begins and it was probably a nice 20 minute beach walk over to Copa.

Have fun and good luck selecting a hotel!

Leblon is one of the safest areas of Rio. We stayed at the Marina Palace (right on the beach) and were very satisfied. While they advertise a pool and bar on the roof there's nothing much about either.

• 3 weeks later...

We also stayed at the Marina Palace and found it to be a great location. Right across from the beach, took many photos of the city and mountains and beach from the rooftop. Next time I would ask for a renovated room since ours was a bit shabby for $130. But the king size bed was sparkling clean and comfy. Friendly staff, nice area to walk around, shops and restaurants around the corner and also a good restaurant in the hotel itself.

I stayed at the Marina All Suites in Leblon and simply loved it. Did lots of walking through Leblon and Ipanema every day and never felt at all uneasy. This is a very safe area and also very beautiful. Highly Recommended!!!

I am booked at the Rio Copacabana -- starting this Sunday. It was chosen by our travel agent, so I don't know much about it except its website looks nice.

I will be home in mid-April and will be glad to report on it here, if you can wait that long.

love

joan

Archived