Sea helmet dive - st. Thomas or st. Marteen

RDMOREU

NCL offers the "Sea Trekkin' Helmet Dive' in St. Thomas and the 'Sea Trek Helmet Dive' in St. Marteen. Trying to decide between them and would love any opinions. Thank you!

I've done the one in St. Thomas and enjoyed it. It is right at Coral World aquarium, and right next to a nice beach as well.

Having been to St Thomas and St John many times for snorkeling, I would choose the Coki World excursion over St Martin. There is very decent snorkeling around Coki with lots of fish to see! I am visiting St Martin for the 1st time this January and not sure what to do because it is not known for snorkeling/diving ... oh well, we''l have to relax then :-)

Have funn!! If you have the chance, I highly recommend St John, USVI!!

I also recommend St. Thomas for snorkeling/diving rather than St. Maarteen.

I just got back from snorkeling in St. Thomas last week. It was amazing! They have so much to see. Although I didn't snorkel in St. Maarten when I went I had family who did. they enjoyed their snorkeling but all admitted it was better in St. Thomas.

I'm not sure if they do helmet diving in this area, but if they do book an excursion to Turtle Cove. That is where I did my snorkeling and I got to see 4 sea turtles, a barracuda, a manta ray, and tons and tons of fish. It was amazing! :D

NCL offers the "Sea Trekkin' Helmet Dive' in St. Thomas and the 'Sea Trek Helmet Dive' in St. Marteen. Trying to decide between them and would love any opinions. Thank you!

We had originally booked for St Maarten this past week (sailed 10/9) but they were still recovering from damage from Earl, and our excursion was canceled. We were able to rebook for St Thomas without a problem, but ended up changing our minds and doing the BOSS excursion on St Thomas instead. I would still love to do the helmet dive, but was THRILLED with the crew at BOSS. The underwater scooter ride (submersible scooter with bubble helmet, similar to the helmet dive) was absolutely amazing, and we had time to snorkel while the other groups were riding the scooter.

The St Maarten dive spot was very torn up, apparently, and may not be ready for quite some time. Best of luck! Whichever you choose, you'll have a great time!

We had originally booked for St Maarten this past week (sailed 10/9) but they were still recovering from damage from Earl, and our excursion was canceled. We were able to rebook for St Thomas without a problem, but ended up changing our minds and doing the BOSS excursion on St Thomas instead. I would still love to do the helmet dive, but was THRILLED with the crew at BOSS. The underwater scooter ride (submersible scooter with bubble helmet, similar to the helmet dive) was absolutely amazing, and we had time to snorkel while the other groups were riding the scooter.

The St Maarten dive spot was very torn up, apparently, and may not be ready for quite some time. Best of luck! Whichever you choose, you'll have a great time!

Thank you everybody for your responses!

Did the storm mess up the stores on Front St. in Philipsburg?

The beach and the front street area were in pretty good shape, I'd say. I tried to book the St Maarten dive on my own, and Sue in their customer service department said that the rip currents from the hurricane did a lot of underwater damage to their platform and track. I think that's where the majority of the repair-work is being done.

Having been to St Thomas and St John many times for snorkeling, I would choose the Coki World excursion over St Martin. There is very decent snorkeling around Coki with lots of fish to see! I am visiting St Martin for the 1st time this January and not sure what to do because it is not known for snorkeling/diving ... oh well, we''l have to relax then :-)

Have funn!! If you have the chance, I highly recommend St John, USVI!!

Have you seen that crime around Coki has gone up? Check out the home page of CC. St. John is beautiful.

Have you seen that crime around Coki has gone up? Check out the home page of CC. St. John is beautiful.

Hi Ms belp,

I appreciate your concern with the past Coki World incident. Actually, the island has been very busy with cleaning up that specific area ever since that dreadful day.

I have been enjoying land-based vacations to St Thomas & St John for the past 10 years, and as recent as May of this year. I have never felt unsafe but do know that there are a few "rough" areas, just as there are here in every city &/or town in the states.

There is a article about the Coki Beach area clean up in the Virgin Islands Daily News. http://virginislandsdailynews.com

Archived