Days Inn Civic Center Miami...opinions???

jdfloyd

We stayed there two years ago and will not do it again. When we pulled up in the taxi from the airport, there were prostitues sitting on the benches outside the motel and standing around in the lobby of the motel. Not the cleanest place we've ever stayed. Very noisy and loud outside. Very scary part of town. If it were me, i'd go for something a little more expensive and closer to port. I think it would be worth your piece of mind and safety!!!

It's right on the campus of the University of Miami. It's okay during the day but at night be mindful. It's also a stones throw from little Havana. the reality is, there are prostitutes everywhere in Miami, they are even at Bayside and elsewhere. Its just part of the deal when you are in a large city. there is no place in Miami that is 100% safe. I see bums and prostitutes in front of the marriot and elsewhere so it's the way it is in a city.

Regardless of where you stay in Miami, it's a huge city and actually the poorest county in all of Florida so you should be mindful no matter where you stay, even at the 5 star hotels.

Menina

We stayed there two years ago and will not do it again. When we pulled up in the taxi from the airport, there were prostitues sitting on the benches outside the motel and standing around in the lobby of the motel. Not the cleanest place we've ever stayed. Very noisy and loud outside. Very scary part of town. If it were me, i'd go for something a little more expensive and closer to port. I think it would be worth your piece of mind and safety!!!

Have stayed there and would NOT do so again. We had two rooms and ended up changing both of them because of ants in the rooms. After we left I wrote a letter to the parent company and they were "nice enough" to give me a certificate for a free night AT THE SAME HOTEL! Needless to say that went unused!

Becky

Looking for prestay hotel for upcoming cruise...good price for Days Inn....any other suggestions

Stay away...stay far far away from this hotel!!!!

it is like a little cockroach infested motel!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We will never stay there again.Ever!!!!!You can do better with the comfort inns chain if you are looking for low cost hotels.Ask for the best rate it is usually pretty good.Try the hotel site on the net but then call the hotels chain direct and it is usually better..

but

Stay away from the days inn chains.Please!!!!!!

I would reccomend the Holiday Inn on Biscayne Blvd. It is right across the street from Bayside marketplace ( nice shopping, lots of restaurants). Nice breakfast buffet (10$pp) and we got the watch the ships pull in. it was 89$

Sue

Archived