Labor Day in Bermuda -- Has Anyone Done Bermuda on Labor Day Weekend?

dmp203

Wondering if anyone out there has done Bermuda on Labor Day weekend?

The family is working on plans for a cruise -- in 2011 NCL Dawn goes out of Boston Friday the 2nd and arrives in Bermuda on Sunday and leaves leaves Tuesday PM.

I've seen that the dockyard and some of the boutiques in Hamilton are open; however, I've seen posted on the site that much is closed Labor Day. Can anyone who has traveled to Bermuda on these dates post and let me know what occurs? I've read that most taxis are not running, etc. I would also imagine that the beaches may be more crowded on holidays...

Thanks for any info you may have.

Dawn

• 2 months later...

Now you've got me thinking about this, since we're booked on this cruise. The last time we cruised to Bermuda (from Boston) we left on Saturday and arrived on Labor Day. Back then the Majesty docked in St. George and I do remember that not much was going on, but we only had a half day like that and then everything opened up as usual Tuesday and Wednesday. The beach we went to at St. George wasn't too crowded (mainly just passengers from our ship), but we didn't try going to the main beaches until the second day.

Archived