Hotel IN Charleston, pre cruise

Tim Johnson 33

I'm, looking for a decent hotel in Charleston that has cruise parking and transportation to the port. We've never been, so would like to be somewhere decent, where we could walk to eat, and explore a little the night before.

Because of space, parking is at a premium downtown Charleston. To get the most bang for your buck, The Andrew Pinckney is one of the best deals downtown.

You can keep your car in the Bank of America garage for the week and just walk to the port. I think parking is around $10 a day.

Definitely stay downtown.

We will be staying at Best Western, King Charles hotel. It is near the cruise terminal and they offer a package deal which allows you to park your car there for the duration of the cruise. Hotel had pretty good reviews and reasonable price. We will be there in feb.

• 4 weeks later...
We will be staying at Best Western, King Charles hotel. It is near the cruise terminal and they offer a package deal which allows you to park your car there for the duration of the cruise. Hotel had pretty good reviews and reasonable price. We will be there in feb.

I called the Best Western, King Charles hotel and was told hey do not have a package that includes parking your car there for the duration of the cruise. :eek: You better double check your reservation. (Just Sayin') :)

• 2 weeks later...

To the original poster...thanks for putting this out there, because I too, am looking for some hotel info for Charleston.

We are going a couple of days early and (we love Charleston) we're not sure where to stay.

Hopefully there will be others that chime in here with helpful info....

• 2 weeks later...
If you are going a couple of days early the Hawthorn Suites has a good cruise and stay package. They require you to stay 2 nights.

FYI - I just made my one-night reservation at Hawthorn Suites for my pre-cruise stay in April, 2011. I was able to book for one night, and was quoted $139. I guess prices went up. But I was told it does include buffet breakfast, car parked for the week and transportation to/from Port terminal.

FYI - I just made my one-night reservation at Hawthorn Suites for my pre-cruise stay in April, 2011. I was able to book for one night, and was quoted $139. I guess prices went up. But I was told it does include buffet breakfast, car parked for the week and transportation to/from Port terminal.

The Hawthorn Suites is nowhere near downtown Charleston which is what the op asked for.

:confused:

The Hawthorn Suites is nowhere near downtown Charleston which is what the op asked for.

Thanks - however you might want to reread my post. I was informing those interested that the Hawthorne does NOT require a 2-night mininum for their See and Stay pkg.

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I was wondering if they would allow a variation of the package without the 2 night minimum.

I think I just found a great deal on stay123.com--they let you sort by port.

I am waiting for my confirmation now....:)

I've just booked the Fantasy out of Charleston for May. Thanks for this list. I'm going to use it to find a hotel since I'll be driving down from the Asheville, NC area.

Archived