St. Martin - INFO NEEDED

shaynasmom

Hello all -

We are heading on the Oasis in a month ..... and I am just beginning to research our day in St. Marteen.

We WANT to go to Maho. My husband has been looking forward to that for a year. He always goes plane watching. We live in Metro DC and do it all the time by Reagan National.

We aren't interested in a "beach day" ...... unless there is a SPECTACULAR beach. Something that we can't miss.

What natural beauty is there on the island on either side ??

Which side is better French or Dutch ?

Is there a restaurant with a GREAT view (we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary that day) ?

Shopping - any can't miss shopping (ESPECIALLY for UNIQUE JEWELRY....)

After all it is my 20th .... and I am sure.... you know the rest....

Thanks,

Eva

We are likely doing a taxi...... not planning on a tour guide.... but if needed we can.

We were NOT thinking of a "rush -rush day".... actually thinking of getting off the boat late..... (docks at 7 am - departs at 5 pm) and taking it nice, slow and relaxing.

Thanks!

Eva

I'm thinking that this would have been a lot easier to respond to if it had been just a single thread with your questions, going back and forth.

If you want to include a great restaurant with view in your day, then consider this.

Off the boat by Water Taxi to spend an hour or so jewelry shopping (they'll open around 10:00 on Front Street), imho, that's not nearly enough time, then lunch at Antoine.

After that catch a taxi to Maho and enjoy the planes.

You can see a live schedule of the flight arrivals over at Joyce Prince's website.

gary

Archived