Cavier on the CB?

grammy c

Will arrive in San Juan to do CB B2B 11/21/10. Long day, but is our 43rd anniv. and we really want to do something special. Have planned to try and do chefs table on this trip and also ultimate bal. but do not think either will happen the first night. Is Vines the only place to just have cavier alone without a meal, or would it better to pick one of the specialty rest. to do an intimate meal that might have cavier also? Going ashore this night will not be an option, so I'm trying to pick all brains for the best celebration ideas without taxing DH too much:rolleyes:Also, would it be possible to get cavier or some really nice h'd's sent to the room? Will have a minisuite, so if I could just get the right food, all would be good! Thanks., Diane

Some ships have caviar bar -- never did go to one. But Vines at Ruby did not have caviar. One can order Canapes but we do not recommend it.

Deluxe canapés

Our deluxe assortment of exceptional canapés, including caviar, smoked salmon, prosciutto, pâté de foie, and shrimp. (15 pieces)

Item #3003 - $14.00

Some ships have caviar bar -- never did go to one. But Vines at Ruby did not have caviar. One can order Canapes but we do not recommend it.

Deluxe canapés

Our deluxe assortment of exceptional canapés, including caviar, smoked salmon, prosciutto, pâté de foie, and shrimp. (15 pieces)

Item #3003 - $14.00

A second thought:

Take an half / full ounce of Beluga in your checked baggage. Get some crackers from the Buffet or Room Service and either take some good Champagne with you or get a chilled bottle from the bar or room service with some champagne glasses and enjoy a pre-dinner celebration. Do it discreetly as a surprise.

A second thought:

Take an half / full ounce of Beluga in your checked baggage. Get some crackers from the Buffet or Room Service and either take some good Champagne with you or get a chilled bottle from the bar or room service with some champagne glasses and enjoy a pre-dinner celebration. Do it discreetly as a surprise.

You might look at bringing a small can of caviar in your carryon, ordering cheese and crackers from room service or getting some from HC, and having your own little balcony picnic!

And I hope I remember this for our next cruise--it would be a great way to welcome our friends (who haven't cruised before) on board!

You might look at bringing a small can of caviar in your carryon, ordering cheese and crackers from room service or getting some from HC, and having your own little balcony picnic!

And I hope I remember this for our next cruise--it would be a great way to welcome our friends (who haven't cruised before) on board!

A second thought:

Guess we think alike! But I was thinking carry-on so that if the luggage didn't make it.....

A second thought:

Guess we think alike! But I was thinking carry-on so that if the luggage didn't make it.....

Yes. But I was not sure whether one would have to put the can along with the liquids in that zip lock bag under TSA rules. For a short time our Costco carried Beluga half-ounce -- I think it was $90 or so.

Yes. But I was not sure whether one would have to put the can along with the liquids in that zip lock bag under TSA rules. For a short time our Costco carried Beluga half-ounce -- I think it was $90 or so.

That hadn't crossed my mind...now I'm wondering.

Searched Costco.com & you can order caviar online although I have no clue how good it is even if I tasted it:

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&search=caviar&N=0&Ntt=caviar&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

Searched Costco.com & you can order caviar online although I have no clue how good it is even if I tasted it:

http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&search=caviar&N=0&Ntt=caviar&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US

Thanks to all! We don't eat caviar very often, but my DH loves it, so the surprise element was what I was going after. And, as several of you sugggested, taking it aboard might be the very best idea. We live in an up scale retirerment type town with several deli/wine stores, so will head there and see whats available, or might try the Costco idea if I see it at a better price point. Now to figure out that champagne problem:D or do it Russian style(chilled vodka)as DH does:rolleyes:That way It won't matter the taste to me, I'll be under the table:p

We were at Costco today. They had a good caviar -- Plaza Osetra, Malossal, Farmed Russian, Made in Bulgaria. This is a Black Sea caviar which are the best although it is not Beluga. $50 for 1 oz in a nice presentable container (with a spoon). There were other 2 caviars -- Alaskan Salmon ($20 for 4 oz) and a Plaza ?? ($59 for 2 oz) both of which are Made in USA. For prestige and for a Caviar lover, I would go for the Bulgarian.

Princess used to have Caviar as appetizer twice on a 10-day cruise. Recently, I have not seen it on the Menu. It used to be 4 different varieties on Melba toast pieces and one of them was very good.

Archived