Carnival and their Electric Fan Policy?

How long ago did you buy your little fan at Walgreens? I tried all summer to find one for my dog's stroller and no-one had them.

We bought ours at Walmart and I have seen them at other Walmarts as well. Might have to wait until the put the holiday stuff away, especially if you live in a cold climate in the winter

Ours was confiscated on the Destiny last month. First time in 50 cruises.

I stood my ground (threatened to leave the ship) and it was returned. The "standoff" should have never occurred in the first place.

Our days sailing Carnival may be numbered... not that they, or anyone else really cares! :rolleyes:

Tom

Agree the fan policy is STUPID. Further, CCL must put these unofficial policies in writing to ensure all its passengers have a chance to read them. Following publication of ALL CCL POLICIES (are you listenin' CCL???) instruct your contracted Mr/Ms Security to avoid them using their OWN INTERPRETATION of your policies.

I have been sailing CCL for decades and the ship cabins, regardless of location, just do not have the positive air flow of other cruise lines. THE STATEROOMS and BALCONY ROOMS GET TOO STUFFY.

BTW: fellow cruisers whose items were confiscated--where they all returned on the last day?

We bought ours at Walmart and I have seen them at other Walmarts as well. Might have to wait until the put the holiday stuff away, especially if you live in a cold climate in the winter

Thanks for responding. I looked at every Walmart, Target, and drugstore in the area and could not find one during the summer months. Definately not a cold climate here on the gulf coast. :D Now that I have a brand name, though, maybe I can find one on-line. Thanks again.

I just returned from sailing the Triump out of New Orleans Oct 2nd---we were 3 cabins, and all three had the personal fans confisciated along with the extension cords, however our hair dryer and power strip were allowed. I am one of those who have used a fan for years to sleep and have succesfully brought one onboard all previous sailings. I contacted Carnival via email and pressed the issue to the point that I finally received a phone call. I was told that this is a new policy that will be enforced on all future sailings due to the number of safety issues occuring onboard. Battery operated personal fans are the only type they will allow on all future sailings. Hope this helps!

Was the fan taken from your room or your checked baggage? Thanks

What about heating pads? My mother desperately needs a heating pad for her back. Since there is no microwave in the stateroom, she will need to use an electric pad.

Seems to me that a heating pad is a medical necessary so she shouldn't have any problems. But to be on the safe side, have her's or your primary physician write something saying it is necessary. In fact your doctor's nurse can do that for you.

Heating pads are prohibited.

I personally thing this is stupid. Personal, small, plastic fans should be fine. If these were metal bladed then yes thats understandable. I have been on 2 Carnival crusies, both balcony rooms, and another this month(: And it does sometimes get stuffy. But with the balcony rooms you can open the door. But image the interior rooms, I bet they do get stuffy. Having a fan would be nice. Also the extension cords should be fine too. Usually at most there are four outlets in the room, and they are sometimes in awkward places.

Archived