can we do stingray city and not snorkel?

disneyden

We are interested in going to stingray city, but don't want to do the snorkeling part of the excursion. Are there any excursions that you know of that JUST do stingray city then take you back? We want to do several things in Grand Cayman and are afraid that we will run out of time if we stay out there with everyone that snorkels. I personally don't want to be in water snorkeling (Jaws scares me) and my DH can't. He has really bad ears and can't go under the water more than a few inches without severe pain. (He had tubes about 12 times when he was little and it took it's toll on his poor eardrums.) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:o

You can look through your cruise line's excursion directory but all the ones I've seen do snorkeling. You don't have to snorkel - you can watch everyone or just swim a bit without snorkeling gear. Some of the private tours might even have floats to swim with and they'll probably require you to wear a snorkeling vest (inflatable) even if you are not snorkeling. Most early tours are back before lunch time in any event.

We just got back from a cruise and we took an excursion that took us to the turtle farm, Rum cake factory, post office located in Hell and then to the Stingrays. We did not snorkel but got out in the water out on a sandbar. We got to touch and feed the stingray but you did not have to worry about going under water. It was great and we booked it right thru our cruise line.

Roxanne

We just got back from a cruise and we took an excursion that took us to the turtle farm, Rum cake factory, post office located in Hell and then to the Stingrays. We did not snorkel but got out in the water out on a sandbar. We got to touch and feed the stingray but you did not have to worry about going under water. It was great and we booked it right thru our cruise line.

Roxanne

How long did you stay at the post office in Hell? I have read that there are rock formations that are interesting to see.

How long did you stay at the post office in Hell? I have read that there are rock formations that are interesting to see.

We were there about 10 minutes. We went in and got two post cards and then took pictures of the rock formations. It doesn't take long because it is not very big.

Archived