look for expert advice

hlb76

I am looking to book our next family cruise for this winter. I am so torn on which cruise to take so I am looking at advice from the all knowning CC posters.

I really really want to do the 8 day Freedom but I just don't think it's in the budget sadly. If for some reason we can afford it I know I will be doing that one for sure. 4 Sea days and new ports to me sounds AMAZING to me.

Until last year we had only done 5 days cruises but now having done a 7 day I just don't know if I can go back.

So now we are debating between Glory 7 day ( Sea, Coz, Belize, Rotan, GC, Sea) Or B2B Imagination ( Sea, over night Nassua, Key West, Coz, Sea)

Here are what I see...

pro's to Glory:

• 3 new ports I have never been too
  • new ship to explore
  • 7 full days of CCL fun

Con's to Glory

• I have been to grand cayman twice- I do love it but I have been x 2
  • 4 straight days of ports could be exhausting
  • I am not sure about Belize and Rotan I ahve read both good and bad

Pro's to Imagination

• Sailed her twice and really like the ship
  • out of dry dock recently- which really does not mean alot since she had the new features ( water works, food stations, etc)
  • knocking a B2B off the bucket list
  • being excited about staying on ship while others leave
  • I have always wanted to go to Key West and Coz
  • 7 days of Vacay - 2 cruises
  • being able to drink the booze from the first leg :D

Con's to the Imagination

• have sailed her twice
  • over night stay in Nassua
  • I have already been to Nassua- not a fav for me
  • possibility of the same shows and such since it will be the same ship
  • possibility of switching rooms

Both are priced within $200 of each other so I really can't say pick the cheaper. I know either would be a good time. Anyone have any opinions of either option they care to share?

TIA

I have been on the Glory, she is wonderful. The four port days are tiring but Roatan is the best! We typically stay on the ship in Belize. We have been on this itinerary several times usually the timing of the stop in Belize is why we choose to stay on board there. You could stay on the ship in GC.

Enjoy whichever one you choose!

Glory would be hands down for me. There are good things to do in Belize, and Roatan is our most favorite port! It's beautiful and the beaches and snorkeling are excellent. You will still see Coz. Key West is fun, but you don't have to cruise to get there. Nassau...ehhhh:rolleyes:

Good luck...either way you'll have fun, I'm sure!:)

What makes Roatan so great? Please convience me ;). I know I read about this same cruise last year but have not started my search for this year. I know I read lots of mixed reviews but you have that no matter what.

Having been on Imagination, and having been on a bigger ship, and having been to Nassau (which is fun, but if I had other options, it wouldn't be on my list), I'd take the Glory.

I've done Liberty, with 4 ports in a row (although one of them was Half Moon Cay), Grand Turk can be as relaxing (if not moreso) than even being on the ship - walk off, plop on the beach, and stay there until the ship sails.

As much as I'd like to do a B2B, I'd still take the Glory...

Roatan is my favorite port, but not on Carnival. Shopping at the port is ridiculous and controlled imo at Mahogany Bay.

I will be there on RCL probably the next time, didnt like the new Carnival port there.

I do love Victor .. he is the best. I would want to book with him again.

I say Imagination. I also like that ship. would pick it over the Glory. I have been on both

The clincher for me would be, since i recently went to Belize and Roatan, SKIP THESE 2. They stink so bad it's horrible. If you are worried about 4 straight port days, believe me, by the time you get to these 2 you will feel like ground hog day. Same little shops at the pier......seriously, i know you would thank me.......skip Belize and Roatan....

I would do Nassau 100 times before i ever went back to Belize or Roatan. I agree with a previous poster....CCL has a controlled enviroment, i call it Disneyesque.

Having been on Imagination, and having been on a bigger ship, and having been to Nassau (which is fun, but if I had other options, it wouldn't be on my list), I'd take the Glory.

I've done Liberty, with 4 ports in a row (although one of them was Half Moon Cay), Grand Turk can be as relaxing (if not moreso) than even being on the ship - walk off, plop on the beach, and stay there until the ship sails.

As much as I'd like to do a B2B, I'd still take the Glory...

We did Liberty last year and LOVED it. I had been to HMC and Grand Turks before. We choose that cruise since we really wanted to RELAX and where traveling w/ friends and they boys 5 and 3 at the time. We spent 2 ports exploring and doing and two ports sitting and relaxing. It was heaven.

I just was not sure if Belize and Roatan where relax places or go and do places. Of course I do know it's my vacayshon ( new word we learned on Liberty last year) and I can run like crazy or relax. But I feel I am in a new place I should take the time to see and do while there.

Archived