British Colonial Hilton Nassau Questions...

LibrarianCruiser

We're considering a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton during our day in Nassau. We'd prefer something a bit less hectic than some of the crowded beaches, and we don't want to spend the money for Atlantis. It'll just be us (a couple in our 30s)... no kids or anything.

Has anyone done this day pass? Found it online through Island Marketing... are they reputable?

A few additional questions:

-How far with the $30 voucher get you? Is everything very pricey?

-Are there lockers available, or will one of us have to babysit our belongings if we go in the water?

Any other tips/thoughts? Thanks so much!

We're considering a day pass at the British Colonial Hilton during our day in Nassau. We'd prefer something a bit less hectic than some of the crowded beaches, and we don't want to spend the money for Atlantis. It'll just be us (a couple in our 30s)... no kids or anything.

Has anyone done this day pass? Found it online through Island Marketing... are they reputable?

A few additional questions:

-How far with the $30 voucher get you? Is everything very pricey?

-Are there lockers available, or will one of us have to babysit our belongings if we go in the water?

Any other tips/thoughts? Thanks so much!

The hilton would be a good choice for just relaxing without the hustle bustle of a resort. It's small and quiet.. not many kids..

As far as the voucher goes.. it will get you a lunch entree and a drink or 2 depending on what you drink. Entrees' run around $12-15, drinks around $7.. plus a mandatory 15% gratuity.

There are no lockers, but the beach is very small and you can be just steps from the water.

I leave my things under the palapa all the time.. never had a problem.

There's very few people on this beach, and it's not open to the public..

FYI, I emailed the hotel directly a few weeks ago, and here's the response I received:

Good Day,

Thank you for choosing The British Colonial Hilton.

We do have a pool and beach package available at $55 per person which is bookable at the front desk on arrival, alternatively you can also purchase the package online at http://www.bahamasexcursions.com at a cost of $50 per person with a 10% deposit per person at the time of booking.

Both packages include a $30 food and beverage element with access to the pool and beach and a towel. Kids ages 5 - 12 half price and under 5 are free with a special menu.

HHonors guests receive points for amounts as spent!

Looking forward to having you here with us.

Rgds,

Shamarize Lewis

Executive Floor Assistant Manager

British Colonial Hilton

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HiltonNassau

FYI, I emailed the hotel directly a few weeks ago, and here's the response I received:

Good Day,

Thank you for choosing The British Colonial Hilton.

We do have a pool and beach package available at $55 per person which is bookable at the front desk on arrival, alternatively you can also purchase the package online at www.bahamasexcursions.com at a cost of $50 per person with a 10% deposit per person at the time of booking.

Both packages include a $30 food and beverage element with access to the pool and beach and a towel. Kids ages 5 - 12 half price and under 5 are free with a special menu.

HHonors guests receive points for amounts as spent!

Looking forward to having you here with us.

Rgds,

Shamarize Lewis

Executive Floor Assistant Manager

British Colonial Hilton

Facebook: www.facebook.com/HiltonNassau

I think this would be wonderful for my dad & new step-mom....is this walking distance from the ship or should they take a cab (& expect to pay how much??)...they leave in a couple days so I am trying to help them on really short notice......thanks in advance for any info!!!

Jen B

I think this would be wonderful for my dad & new step-mom....is this walking distance from the ship or should they take a cab (& expect to pay how much??)...they leave in a couple days so I am trying to help them on really short notice......thanks in advance for any info!!!

Jen B

It's an easy walk if you don't have trouble walking. Just walk west (right out of the port). Follow the wharf to Senor Frogs (3-4 short blocks) and around the building to the front door. Senor Frogs is actually part of the Hilton building complex, you just can't enter at that point.

Archived