Kauai / Maui Excursions

ERAMP76

Need a little help from the experts.

We will be on POA in May & I have booked a couple of excursions independent of NCL.

1.) Kauai - Our tour picks up at 8:00 am at the pier. Can we get off the ship in time to make it?

2.) Maui - our tour check in is at Lahaina Harbor at 10 am We will need to catch the shuttle to get our rental car & then drive over. Do you think that will be a problem? The ship is supposed to arrive at 8.

How about it -- any experiences with this kind of schedule?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I believe we docked in Kauai at 7:00 A.M. so no problem there. If you get off the ship at 8:00 in Maui you should have plenty of time. Its about a 5 minute ride to airport for car rental (shuttles should be waiting), and from there its about 45 minutes at most to Lahaina. Not sure about traffic at that time of the morning though so maybe someone else can chime in on that. We didn't get off the ship till 11 A.M. and there wasn't a traffic problem then.

UKBBALLFAN, Thanks for the info. We'll give it a shot. By the way, we were going to try & book the Fair winds snorkel tour in Kona but it looks like we won't be able to make the check in time. (9 AM) So, i guess if we want to snorkel in Kona, we'll have to book a ships's tour. They offer Captain Zodiac & Body Glove. Anybody out there take either of these?

We did the Body Glove due to not having to worry about getting to the Fair Winds in time. Ended up there would have been time to get there but I didn't want the stress of worring about it. Theres a coupon in the Hawaii Entertainment book for buy 1 get 1 with Body Glove...saves you $47.00 each. You have to tell Body Glove that you're staying at one of the local hotels as they have some kind of deal with NCL.

Archived