? About Cove Balcony

littleface

I got got off the phone with an agent at Carnival and when I was asking about the Cove Balconies he stated that there was plexiglass over the whole window area so though you could see out....no wind coming in....no smoke from other cabins, et .

When I look on the website for Carnival it does not say anything about this....can someone help me who has had one of these cabins?

Thanks so much - looking into the Dream for Spring 2011

Who ever you spoke to had NO idea what they were talking about!!! When we did the Dream this last April, there is a normal door, window set-up like on normal balconies. When you go out on the balcony, there is an oval cut out in the hull...and it's just that...a cut out...no window or plexiglass of any kind. It's just like being on a normal balcony except for the design . The pics below show a shot of the cut out and of the view from inside the cabin.

DreamCruise20107.jpg.bc9e1bb9d294e874433b542120d05d3c.jpg

DreamCruise20106.jpg.c45ae5a24a50a7d27d78ec157d624f2a.jpg

I got got off the phone with an agent at Carnival and when I was asking about the Cove Balconies he stated that there was plexiglass over the whole window area so though you could see out....no wind coming in....no smoke from other cabins, et .

When I look on the website for Carnival it does not say anything about this....can someone help me who has had one of these cabins?

Thanks so much - looking into the Dream for Spring 2011

I was told the same thing when i called!

plus: more privacy than a traditional balcony.

VERY close to the water, providing a unique cruising experience.

minus: storm doors that they will close in severe weather since you're close to the water, rendering your balcony useless.

feel free to add to the list, people!

I like the photo which helps a lot. It does look like it shelters you from the wind. But it almost looks like a cabin with a balcony with a window without the glass...Just different. I would like to try one. What are some pluses or minuses?

The Coves are brilliant. They were first introduced on the Queen Mary 2 and carried over to the Dream Class Carnival ships.

They are VERY close to the water. I took this picture when the pilot boat came out to retrieve the pilot; no zoom involved:

Dream231.jpg

We ended up in a near epic Nor'easter, winds of 96 knots and 30 foot seas and they never battened the weather doors on the Coves.

The view from seated on the Cove is actually better than on a regular balcony. There's a ton of open space blow the rail.

They are a tad more private but there's some pretty good gaps there as well...

Dream067.jpg

My favorite thing about the Coves is the proximity to the sea... it's stunning...

:D

I was told the same thing when i called!

When I booked - in August - for our Feb. 26th cruise, I was told they were cut into the boat and had lots of metal on them :confused:. My husband really wanted to be close to the water so I booked one - it was the cheapest balcony at $799. I then went in search of pictures and reviews and I'm thrilled with our choice! the two-passenger cabins have been sold out for awhile now for our cruise and only the 4 passenger ones are left! They are predicting that they will be so popular that the price will definitely match the other balconies....

Archived