The State of Thomson Dream Today

When I saw the Thomson Dream report on Watchdog a few weeks ago I was so close to cancelling the cruise only I would have lost my money. According to the programme there were sewage problems around the ship, soiled mattresses and threadbare furniture. So what is the ship really like.

The first thing I did when I entered the cabin was lift up the sheets to look at the mattress. It was not soiled in fact it was fairly new.

The second thing was to check out the bathroom. It was spotless. The two checks I did were carried out by several passengers on board. They all reported the same thing.

As you look around the ship it is spotless. There were no reports of problems on board. There weer no moans or groans about the state of the ship.

When the brochure was launched it said that the ship was to be refurbished. Due to the bash earlier in the year this did not materialised. The ship was refurbished by Costa in 2006. The ship is in very good condition. For the BBC reporter to find a threadbare couch she must have examined every piece of furniture minutely. Everything is in good order. Yes there may be the odd scuff mark or beer stain but no worse than you would find on any other cruise ship.

I would say to anyone about to cruise on Thomson Dream, ignore the Watchdog programme. The "White Lady" is in good order and well fit for purpose.

You should have a good and pleasant cruise.

When I saw the Thomson Dream report on Watchdog a few weeks ago I was so close to cancelling the cruise only I would have lost my money. According to the programme there were sewage problems around the ship, soiled mattresses and threadbare furniture. So what is the ship really like.

The first thing I did when I entered the cabin was lift up the sheets to look at the mattress. It was not soiled in fact it was fairly new.

The second thing was to check out the bathroom. It was spotless. The two checks I did were carried out by several passengers on board. They all reported the same thing.

As you look around the ship it is spotless. There were no reports of problems on board. There weer no moans or groans about the state of the ship.

When the brochure was launched it said that the ship was to be refurbished. Due to the bash earlier in the year this did not materialised. The ship was refurbished by Costa in 2006. The ship is in very good condition. For the BBC reporter to find a threadbare couch she must have examined every piece of furniture minutely. Everything is in good order. Yes there may be the odd scuff mark or beer stain but no worse than you would find on any other cruise ship.

I would say to anyone about to cruise on Thomson Dream, ignore the Watchdog programme. The "White Lady" is in good order and well fit for purpose.

You should have a good and pleasant cruise.

Good to get your objective opinion - and to hear that the picture painted by Watch Dog isn't that which you and others on your cruise found to be the case. Thanks for reporting back - I'm sure your post will be very welcome and reassuring to those booked to go on Dream.

Good to get your objective opinion - and to hear that the picture painted by Watch Dog isn't that which you and others on your cruise found to be the case. Thanks for reporting back - I'm sure your post will be very welcome and reassuring to those booked to go on Dream.

I hope so. I would not want anyone to be put off.

Thanks for that John, it is good to get a true idea of the ship from passangers who have actually been on it.

I suspected the watchdog program was a stitch -up based on my experience with Thomson cruises and you have confirmed that opinion.

and like kruzseeka says it will help reassure those about to sail on her that their holiday will be fine

Thanks for that John, it is good to get a true idea of the ship from passangers who have actually been on it.

I suspected the watchdog program was a stitch -up based on my experience with Thomson cruises and you have confirmed that opinion.

and like kruzseeka says it will help reassure those about to sail on her that their holiday will be fine

I was on the Thomson Dream on May 25th and it was disgusting and totally ruined my holiday. i have been on thomson cruises about 15 times on various ships and have enjoyed every minute of it, so i also have experience. this ship should never have sailed at that time and thomson know it, their after sales service as a loyal thomson customer has been dreadful.

there was no stitch up with the Watchdog sho, in fact I thought it was very mild compared to what we had to deal with.

I have numerous pictures if you would like me to e-mail them to you.

I am glad that the people who are travelling on her now are enjoying it as it certainly wasnt the case in May.

Really sorry Donna about your experience on the Dream earlier on in the year. I returned yesterday from a 2 week cruise on the Dream and coulodn't find fault with anything and believe me, I looked. Loved it so much that I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. I thought that the furnishings etc were in a much better condition than the Destiny.

Just had to add my 2 pennith worth we where on her in Aug and despite my reservations due to bad reviews we had a lovely time and loved the ship she was spotless and very nice to be on yes there where a few tiny niggles just unlucky little things bad service in orion but I think we where just unlucky the 2 times we did eat there which was a shame but great food Did see a few drips here and there but nothing that spoilt holiday or was a major problem, a few funny odors now and then in narrow passages to cabins but not in any public rooms or decks our cabin was fine no probs, air con was not great but hey spent most of our time out on deck but I would go back on her tomorrow:)

Thanks for all your positive opinions of the Dream.I am so looking forward to our cruise next April. We did in fact book in August when the reviews were not so good but decided to go anyway.Sorry to all who had a bad experiance.Hope all will be put right over the coming months when it goes for a service and with any luck every review on here after that time will be a positive one.I think we are on the first sailing after the winter caribbean tour.April 9th. . Any one else on then?. . Happy Hols.

Archived