What has been your favorite?

aklarsen

Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach. What have you all done that you enjoyed in the following ports: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel?

Also I know I want to do a dolphin encounter. Which port would have the best option to actually swim with the dolphins?

We did it in Cozumel and had a wonderful time. The photos and DVD were expensive, but we have them for memories and that was one of the main reasons we wanted to do the Dolphin Encounter.

I would definitely book online, although you do run the chance of payment issues if you miss the port, but the pricing from Carnival is significantly higher.

I have also heard very good things about the Manatee encounter, which is much less expensive but just as fun, and includes more contact time with the Manatee.

Aklarsen, we have done that route a few times now. As far as recommendations, what do you like? You can search each of the ports and get a feel of what may interest you.

In Roatan, Honduras we have done the beaches, the nature hike to the top of the hill, and local sightseeing.

In Belize we have done cave tubing (very popular), Cay Caulker day trip with reef snorkel (my favorite), mangrove boat tour, and local tours.

Cozumel - This is the place to do the dolphin encounter at Chankanaab Park. Our favorite was the dune buggy beach break with lunch. Also some good shopping here and good lunch stops.

Get away from the piers and see the sights.

So many good choices, good luck.

When are you going? We are on Voyager with that route next month.

Tell me about the dune buggy excursion

Open top dune buggy, stick shift, lots of fun.

We met right at the pier, they charge by the vehicle not per person, and each dune buggy holds 4 people. There are about 8 or 10 vehicles and everyone stays together. First, we drove to a snorkel sight and spent about an hour and a half at the beach. You could snorkel, swim, or just kick back on the beach.

Next, we drove to the other side of the island. We were the only ones there. We spent about 2 hours there on the beach and had a great buffet lunch.

One of the best excursions we have ever done.

Carbon, smooth ride, we stayed on the roads most of the time until we got to the other side of the island. Then we were on the sand for a little ways.

The Martins, yes this one we booked through the ship. The price difference at the time was very little plus it included lunch.

Archived