What has been your favorite?

aklarsen

Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach. What have you all done that you enjoyed in the following ports: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel?

Also I know I want to do a dolphin encounter. Which port would have the best option to actually swim with the dolphins?

In Belize we go snorkeling, usually coupled with a beach break. There are some reputable independents you can check out...Coral Breeze, Ecotours. Some people like the cavetubing or going to the ruins. Read this board for a number of ideas.

In Roatan, we usually book with Victor Bodden...you get a private guide who will take you anywhere on the island, wait for you if you go to the beach. Go to boddentours.com for ideas on things to do. Tabayana beach on West End has great snorkeling right from the beach. Ziplining is another idea:eek::o

You can do the dolphin swim at Chankanaab...very nice marine park. We did that 3 years ago...$99 each and we were in the water with them for about 45 minutes. You can easily spend the day there and there is snorkeling right from the beach, too. Lots of options in Coz for activities. Best thing to do is study the boards for the individual ports.

Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach. What have you all done that you enjoyed in the following ports: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel?

Also I know I want to do a dolphin encounter. Which port would have the best option to actually swim with the dolphins?

In Belize you need to go cavetubing. It should be a written law for anyone under 50 years of age. We love to snorkel and do in almost every port, but I booked two trips to Belize just because I didn't get to go tubing on my first trip. (Bad weather.) Second choice would be Bannister Island.

I would do the Dolphins at Chankanaab Park on Coz. They have a gorgeous park and some of the best shore snorkeling on Coz.

I would save Honduras for snorkeling either at Tabyanna Beach or at Upachaya Resort. Upachaya offers a good boat trip, but you need to book it a couple of months out. They take only 10 people at a time.

P.S. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If you have daredevils in the group this is a good place to Zipline.

Have you checked into any of the Indiana Jones type excursions? I have wanted to do one in the past it sounds like fun, but kids have to be over the age of 12 and we alway's have young ones with us. I'm afraid I will be to old and out of shape to try one by the time my grandchildren are able to participate.LOL

Archived