MSC in April (with 2 children)

sealegs14

I am thinking of taking the Magnifica cruise is April with my 2 children (14 and 7).

A few questions :

Are there many english spoken guests on board?

How good are the facilities for children?

Is there a slide in the swimming pool?

How many swimming pools are onboard?

We were on NCL Jade in August and loved it, so I'm looking at an alternative now for April.

Thanks for your input.

Hi sealegs14

I haven't been on the Magnifica yet but have sailed on plenty other Med cruises with MSC and there aren't that many differences from ship to ship.

There are rarely many English speakers. it varies from cruise to cruise but still usually in the minority, ranging from hardly any (under 50) to a small percentage (say a few hundred). You only tend to get larger percentages on the repositioning trips or on the sailings out of the US or UK.

I've nevr sailed with children, so can't tell you anything about the kids clubs.

Doubt there will be a slide in the pools as they don't have them on the other ships. According to the deck plans there are 2 swimming pools plus a children only pool.

I have no personal experience of NCL but from what I've read on these boards a big difference between them and MSC is that they have freestyle anytime dining whereas MSC doesn't. In the med the only free choice in the evening is the main dining room at an assigned table and seating (1st or 2nd)

I am thinking of taking the Magnifica cruise is April with my 2 children (14 and 7).

A few questions :

Are there many english spoken guests on board?

How good are the facilities for children?

Is there a slide in the swimming pool?

How many swimming pools are onboard?

We were on NCL Jade in August and loved it, so I'm looking at an alternative now for April.

Thanks for your input.

I am going on the Magnifica this coming January 2011 with a 3.5 year old child. I also wanted information on the services for children. I found advise telling me that there is a small pool available for children, but it does not have a slide. There is a section indoors for children's facilities, and since the ship is brand new, it is supposed to be well designed. Most parents who posted information or emailed me about the children's activities on MSC Magnifica were rather pessimistic and critical about it. It seems that the staff working there is not really into entertaining the children in any productive way; they apparently prefer to just talk to themselves and "watch" the children play. There are not many directed on engaged activities for children; certainly not in the way our previous cruises on Celebrity and Carnival have been."

I will try to find you pictures of the MSC Magnifica children's facilities. In the meantime, you may want to post your question under the other forum titled FAMILY CRUISES.

Good luck.

I will be taking my kids ages 7 and 4 on the Magnifica in December, I will be happy to let you know how it was when we return.

Thank you. I will also appreciate your review from a parent's point of view, especially from someone who will be exactly on the same ship I am going to travel on about a month later (January 2011). Since my son is 4 years old, it will be very constructive to hear about your experience with children's programs, menus, shows, buffets and restaurants, excursions, etc.

Have a gret time.

Which ports are you visiting? We will visit Venice, Bari, Rhodes (Greece), Alexandria (Egypt), Haifa (Israel), Limassol (Cypress), Kataklon (Greece), Dubrovnik (Croatia), and Ravenna (Italy). Perhaps we have some of the ports.

Enjoy rour cruise.

They told me that for children there are 3 playrooms (two indoor and one outdoor) . As regards the slide of swimming pool I can't help you :)

On Magnifica there are two swimming pools, sorry but i don't remember the deck :p

If you can surf on their website, you can read the brochure: there you can see what there is/isn't on the ship :)

Archived