Chewing tobacco?

Talli

So I know they sell cigarettes onboard but what about chewing tobacco? Specifically Kodiak Wintergreen? DH will not be happy if he doesn't have his chew....

Talli

I would venture to say no, that he should bring his own. I have never seen a depository for chew but if he does partake I am sure he will find a way to do it discretely. Maybe someone else will be more helpful.

On a cruise a few years ago I bought a roll of Kodiak or Grizzly (whichever at the time) and realized after the first night that I had left it at home. I went into panic mode which made me want to dip more. The first stop was Cozumel and I could not find any anywhere. I did manage to find some at a shop in the Caymans but the only choice was Copenhagen or Skoal. I paid $8 for the skoal and make it last for the rest of the week. 7 months ago I woke up one morning and said to myself, "how crazy is this" and quit.

But to answer your question more directly, I have not found smokeless tobacco onboard. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for all the quick replies!

We will just have to bring it with then, no big deal. And yes to answer the question, he will be very discreet and he never spits on the ground, he actually doesn't even like to chew in public so most likely will only be done in the privacy of our room and balcony.

Thanks again!

Talli

Nope, he won't find any on the ship, and most likely, won't find any in any of the ports. Not sure where you are going, but I'd say US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are the most likely to find some smokeless tobacco. In 7 trips to Cozumel, I've never found any. I did, however, find one ship in Playa del Carmen that sold Skoal and Copenhagen. IF you do happen to find any, I'd say with 99% certainty that he won't find Kodiak...as someone else said, Skoal and Copenhagen are most likely his only choices.

Funny story...a few years ago, I went on the Fantasy out of New Orleans. I got this bright idea to quit dipping when I left. Bad mistake....after the first day, I was going nuts. By the time we made the first stop, I HAD to find some. So, strangely enough, I did...in Costa Maya. All they had was Skoal Mint, which I hate, but hey, it was better than nothing. Never again will I go anywhere outside the US without enough to last me the entire trip. haha

By all means, tell him to make sure he takes enough to last. And, have a great cruise!

On a cruise a few years ago I bought a roll of Kodiak or Grizzly (whichever at the time) and realized after the first night that I had left it at home. I went into panic mode which made me want to dip more. The first stop was Cozumel and I could not find any anywhere. I did manage to find some at a shop in the Caymans but the only choice was Copenhagen or Skoal. I paid $8 for the skoal and make it last for the rest of the week. 7 months ago I woke up one morning and said to myself, "how crazy is this" and quit.

But to answer your question more directly, I have not found smokeless tobacco onboard. Enjoy your cruise.

Congrats on quitting!!! I am still amazed that NC went smoke free, but thats a good thing....Hubby graduated from NCSU we used to go to all the football games and son has season football tickets...I really miss NC

Congrats on quitting!!! I am still amazed that NC went smoke free, but thats a good thing....Hubby graduated from NCSU we used to go to all the football games and son has season football tickets...I really miss NC

LoL...you miss NC...I want out:D

Thanks for all the quick replies!

We will just have to bring it with then, no big deal. And yes to answer the question, he will be very discreet and he never spits on the ground, he actually doesn't even like to chew in public so most likely will only be done in the privacy of our room and balcony.

Thanks again!

Talli

Dip is pretty much an American product and difficult to find in Mexico and almost impossible anywhere else. Hence, the ship not typically carrying it. The cigarettes sold onboard are not the American version either.

I enjoy copenhagen pouches, but will take anything if I'm out. Even if you are lucky enough to find some in port, it will not be anywhere near fresh, I always take more than I think I will need with me. Last time I had people bumming pouches from me a couple of times too, so I was glad I had plenty.

I made the same mistake on my honeymoon thinking i would quit on board. I was ready to pay $50 for a can by the time the cruise ended. I did find some in Cozumel at the pharamcy in the port they had what looked like sample size cans (if you ever go to a hunting expo it's the size cans that Skoal gives away for free). I think they were around $8 and were extremely old, but at that point I didn't care. I'm carrying two rolls with me on our next cruise.

We are season ticket holders as well. Go Pack!!!

A salesman approach would be to take extra, leave it in plain sight on the deck, and make even trades for drinks to those who ran out or forgot to bring theirs with them. You have to think outside the box sometimes.

But then again some people could sell a cup of ice to an eskimo.

Archived