Buying duty free on board Rhapsody of the seas

livingstone

Duty free is aways a big temptation for those of us who travel overseas. I know that P&O say they will beat advertised prices, (conditions apply). but what about the US ships and now that our dollar is near parity are prices on board ships like Rhapsody of the seas a real bargin or are we still better off using the Australian TRS refund system. I am shopping for rayban sunglasses (8304). does any one out there have experience with duty free on ships that depart and return to Australia.

Remind me once I post on here from on board Rhapsody and I'll check and see if they have those particular Raybans for you Livingstone.

Rhapsody's Duty Free prices were good.....now they're even better due to the exchange rate.

The trick is to get in early because the whole shop just about sells out of everything.....and they have heaps of stock in the first place. I think Australian and New Zealanders like their duty free.....:rolleyes:

Jillybean:)

Archived