CL007 w/MFM Embera Indian Village Tour

Sugar&Buddy

We are considering this tour in December and looking for more specific info. I read that it is an 1 1/2 hour bus ride each way to village, however, description on website does not say that. Also someone mentioned the walk to the waterfall was very difficult. What is the time frame and would you recommend this tour?

We are considering this tour in December and looking for more specific info. I read that it is an 1 1/2 hour bus ride each way to village, however, description on website does not say that. Also someone mentioned the walk to the waterfall was very difficult. What is the time frame and would you recommend this tour?

From the number in the description I think this is a My Friend Mario tour. Apart from the play he gets on Cruise Critic and generally favorable mention I know nothing about Mario. But reading his Web page description of this tour I think it is very descriptive and accurate. From Colon to Madden Lake, from which these tours all depart to about six different Embera Villages, is a bus ride. There are a few "demonstration" villages closer in, but you want to visit the "real thing" so it requires the bus ride . . . and the last part IS bumpy.

I think he offers the tour with and without the waterfall. "Every tour is not for every body." You know your body and limitations. If you have difficulty hiking over uneven, rocky and sometimes slippery surfaces the waterfall portion probably isn't for you.

Regards, Richard

We did this tour it was a highlight of our cruise .yes it's about 1 .5 hrs from the port,then 30 mins by dugout canoe to the waterfall stop.you have about a 20 min walk to the waterfall.

You have 30 mins for a swim at the waterfall & 20 min return to the canoe,we then had a 20 min canoe trip to the village.we had 1 hr for lunch in the village .the canoe trip back to the carpark was about 10 mins & 1.5 hrs back to the ship,we arrived back at the port with plenty of time to spare & did some shopping .

The only problem was the slippery rocks on the walk to the waterfall,if we returned again i would skip the waterfall .when i looked into this tour on cc in march someone had broken there leg on this tour walking to the waterfall.skip the waterfall & have extra time elsewhere.

Archived