Dream - Currently 8D - Considering moving to Spa Balcony - is it worth it?

ilovetheislands

DH, DD12, DS15 and I are booked in a quad 8D balcony, midship, verandah deck on Carnival Dream. I have been toying with the idea of moving us up to the Spa deck to a spa balcony room. (for selfish reasons - to go to the spa as much as I want) It will be an additional $300. Is it worth it? Tell me the positives and negatives. There rooms that are showing available are 12202, 5,7 and 9. With four available and 90 + days until sailing I think it would be wise to make a decision sooner rather than later.

Note: I am booked exactly where I normally want to be for various reasons but our travel companions have cancelled and I am considering this move just because I can. :)

I am NOT a Spa person....

but we have had the Cloud 9 Spa cabins on both the Dream and the Splendor and I LOVED THEM.

BUT it will only be worth it IF you are going to use Cloud 9.

The thalassotherapy pool is similar to the hot mineral baths that you can do at places like Hot Springs, Ark. (not as good but pretty close)

The Turkish sauna was awesome.... as well as the regular sauna....

LOVED the aroma therapy relaxation rooms....

but again, I used it every day. It was part of my daily routine....

Also remember that if you book a Spa cabin, the "unlimited use of Cloud 9" is only for TWO of the occupants of the cabin....

And these are also nonsmoking cabins and balconies......

You also get little slippers to take home....some Elemis travel size samples (they were not refilled every day) .... and thicker robes....

I had a spa cabin on the Dream and LOVED it, but it was only $200 more for the 3 of us. For an extra $300, I probably would not change my cabin just for the spa, because you can get a week long spa pass for 2 for around $240 or $260. (I used the spa facilities only 2 or 3 times during our week.)

Now, if you also want a smoke-free cabin area and a cabin higher up on the ship, then I'd say go for it. But if all that interests you about the cabin is the spa, you can get off cheaper with a week-long spa pass. Also, I think I saw a review somewhere that the balconies on deck 12 weren't exactly "private," as there were a lot of gawkers peering down from the deck above. :eek:

Have fun on the Dream! I love that ship!

I would SO do it. We stayed on Verandah and then took a Spa tour... I wished I had booked one once I saw the spa. If you will use it every day, it would be well worth the $300.

Here are a couple pictures of the spa I took on our 9/18 sailing. Enjoy!

DSC02141.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

We stayed in 12202 a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the room and the spa. 12202 is slightly larger as the door opens toward to forward aspect of the ship (instead of port/aft) this gives you a little extra storage space. The balconys are not covered on deck 12...therefore, people can go up a deck and look down. The only time we found it obtrusive was during the sail away. After leaving Port Canaveral we hardly ever had anyone above & if we were sitting in the chairs they could only see our legs. The location is awesome, I mean AWESOME location to the pool and slides! If we go on the dream again it will be in 12202. Hope this helps :)

We stayed in 12202 a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the room and the spa. 12202 is slightly larger as the door opens toward to forward aspect of the ship (instead of port/aft) this gives you a little extra storage space. The balconys are not covered on deck 12...therefore, people can go up a deck and look down. The only time we found it obtrusive was during the sail away. After leaving Port Canaveral we hardly ever had anyone above & if we were sitting in the chairs they could only see our legs. The location is awesome, I mean AWESOME location to the pool and slides! If we go on the dream again it will be in 12202. Hope this helps :)

It helps alot as I upgraded and booked as you suggested!! I am so excited!:D

DH, DD12, DS15 and I are booked in a quad 8D balcony, midship, verandah deck on Carnival Dream. I have been toying with the idea of moving us up to the Spa deck to a spa balcony room. (for selfish reasons - to go to the spa as much as I want) It will be an additional $300. Is it worth it? Tell me the positives and negatives. There rooms that are showing available are 12202, 5,7 and 9. With four available and 90 + days until sailing I think it would be wise to make a decision sooner rather than later.

Note: I am booked exactly where I normally want to be for various reasons but our travel companions have cancelled and I am considering this move just because I can. :)

Worth it to me...I had a Spa Balcony on the Splendor and loved every minute of that Spa. I'm not much of a Spa person but I really did enjoy relaxing in there.

My parents have a Spa cabin on our upcoming Dream cruise, I kind of wish I was up there with them however, I wanted a Cove.

Does anyway know if someone is travelling in a Spa cabin and doesn't want to use their Spa passes if they would be willing to let someone else use it? My Aunt is also in a Spa cabin on this upcoming cruise but said she won't be using the spa at all and said that I could use her pass if willing. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot I think.

Be sure that when you upgrade they're clear you're getting the spa package. We upgraded to a spa cabin back in August. We were assured by the Carnival agent we were getting the spa package. Arrive on ship and guess what no spa package. Being reasonable people and platinum cruisers- we proceeded to guest services where we explained what happened. Response tough luck. We were very disappointed. Explained to our cabin steward (who was fantastic) and she lobbied for us and got it for us. By the time it was resolved it kinda took the wind out of our sails regarding the spa. We used it- but not as much as we had been thinking we would.

Worth it to me...I had a Spa Balcony on the Splendor and loved every minute of that Spa. I'm not much of a Spa person but I really did enjoy relaxing in there.

My parents have a Spa cabin on our upcoming Dream cruise, I kind of wish I was up there with them however, I wanted a Cove.

Does anyway know if someone is travelling in a Spa cabin and doesn't want to use their Spa passes if they would be willing to let someone else use it? My Aunt is also in a Spa cabin on this upcoming cruise but said she won't be using the spa at all and said that I could use her pass if willing. I doubt it, but it's worth a shot I think.

The passes are not transferrable, and the spa receptionist has a list of passengers who are staying in the spa cabins. On the first day, you are given a little white rubber bracelet which identifies you as a spa cabin passenger. Each time you want to use the spa facilities, you have to take your spa cabin S&S card and trade it in at the spa receptionist desk for a spa key. Sooo for you to use your aunt's pass, you would have to pose as her and she would need to give you her cabin key and bracelet while you used the spa.

The passes are not transferrable, and the spa receptionist has a list of passengers who are staying in the spa cabins. On the first day, you are given a little white rubber bracelet which identifies you as a spa cabin passenger. Each time you want to use the spa facilities, you have to take your spa cabin S&S card and trade it in at the spa receptionist desk for a spa key. Sooo for you to use your aunt's pass, you would have to pose as her and she would need to give you her cabin key and bracelet while you used the spa.

Yeah I thought about that because I remember the list and turning the cards in on the Splendor. But I wouldn't want to pose for her and get caught (I'm a lil scared when it comes to stuff like that). I wish it was a bit cheaper to buy the pass for a week....I probably won't be doing any Spa on this upcoming cruise.

Archived