How much noise do you think I will hear?

KathyPet

After much angst I have decided to go for a PH3 on the Insignia for the 10/15 Barcelona to Rome cruise. We are in Cabin 8001 which is at the front of the ship underneath the Fitness Center. I once spent 10 days on a HAL ship in a Penthouse suite that was underneath the pool deck area and I was awakened at 6 AM every day by the sounds coming from above as the crew dragged lounge chairs around and washed the pool deck down. I am a light sleeper and while I realize that I will be getting up early to enjoy all the wonderful ports that doesn't mean I want to get up at 6 AM. I tried to get one of the rooms on the other side under the Spa area but they were already taken. So, how much noise from overhead do you think I will hear early in the morning from the machines and people walking ?

After much angst I have decided to go for a PH3 on the Insignia for the 10/15 Barcelona to Rome cruise. We are in Cabin 8001 which is at the front of the ship underneath the Fitness Center. I once spent 10 days on a HAL ship in a Penthouse suite that was underneath the pool deck area and I was awakened at 6 AM every day by the sounds coming from above as the crew dragged lounge chairs around and washed the pool deck down. I am a light sleeper and while I realize that I will be getting up early to enjoy all the wonderful ports that doesn't mean I want to get up at 6 AM. I tried to get one of the rooms on the other side under the Spa area but they were already taken. So, how much noise from overhead do you think I will hear early in the morning from the machines and people walking ?

Sorry, Kathy...but, I am not sure...I've never been in those cabins...I have cruised on Nautica in a cabin directly above the lounge/dance floor and heard nothing the entire cruise...of course, the lounge is not active in the early morning...However I could tell you the cabin seemed well insulated for noise...

Knowing Oceania cruisers, I'd guess there's more activity on the other end of the ship--under the buffet--in the mornings...I think we all cruise more to eat than to exercise...

I just realized that on my Marina cruise, I am right above the spa ...opposite side from the fitness center...I would say "thankfully" but I am not worried...I would take the same cabin on the other side as well...

I would take my chances with your cabin...but I'd have my TA keep checking with Oceania to see if another PH comes open through cancellation...it happens...

Good luck...

We were in PH2 (8006) on Insignia and never a thing...and, it was also right across from the stairs/ elevator and Butlers station.

Other people have mentioned hearing the deck chairs being set out early in the morning, when in cabins directly below the pool area.

I would take a pair of earplugs and suffer in a PH :D

Archived