Travel Bed Infant / Toddler

Jeff A

Does anyone have any experience with the "KidCo PeaPod Travel Bed" (EBay). It appears to be a much less expensive option to the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib. We are considering it for our 15 month old daughter on our upcoming cruise in lieu of the pack and play. Any thoughts/comments?

We got a small cot that cost $25.00. The cot comes with a sheet it was perfect it folds up and fits in its own little bag its not that far off the ground incase they roll off. This really is a great we used it in Disney, on the cruise and sleep overs. it can hold up to 150lbs. Its not long enough for an adult but it would hold one. We will use this cot for years to come. our 6,5,2,and 1 year old loves it!!

We have one, we saw it in one step ahead catalog awhile back but we purchased it elsewhere online.

We have a 17 month old son and we have the Kidco PeaPod Plus Indoor/Outdoor Travel Bed in Red. It worked out beautifully on our Carnival Spirit cruise last week. What we loved was that when not in use dis-assembling it is easy to get it out of the way. We kept the mattress blown up and stowed that in either the closet or under the bed. Carrying the peapod plus onboard was easy we tied it to the pull out handle of our carry on and it was very compact/light to carry as supposed to a pack n play (heavy and bulky).

Be careful the regular peapod is much smaller than the pepod plus from the reviews I read before purchasing.

We have the Peopod and we love them, but we used the Carnival provided cribs on the last cruise (at 7MO) and will do that again next month when they are 13MO. We have used the Peopods extensively, but at this point we're pretty sure they would be able to get out of them and would have the desire to do so. No doubt we'd find DS sleeping in the closet with the shoes some morning...

Thanks for the input everyone...we are going to stick with the pack n play we have to ensure she has something "familiar" to sleep in....since we are driving to the port carrying an extra piece of "luggage" (pack n play) wont be as much of an issue.....the PeaPod travel bed dimensions are actually slightly larger than our pack n play in footprint....Im going to end up taking some dark blue sheets, some string/rope and construct a "room" in the corner of our junior suite to separate the pack n play....I read about this idea on these boards......someone else indicated they actually used the closet in their JS as a "room"....sounds kind of funny to put your kid in the closet...but if there is a vent and the thing is huge...whatever works I guess......I cant seem to find the SF of the closet anywhere on these boards.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a PeaPod Plus. My son slept fine in it, we used it mostly when we went RV camping. He still fits in it but ever since he turned 2 he will not sleep in it. I don't think he likes being enclosed. We bought a kids aerobed and he seems to like it. It has a short ledge around it so he doesn't fall off.

Archived